My first build - ROTJ Trooper

So I am feeling a little out of my depth here. I have been wanting to do this for a long time and have been a lurker on the forums forever. Yesterday I finally received my big brown box courtesy of Mark from CFO - pleasure to deal with, and nothing was a problem. I thought I would post my build on here in the hopes that other ROTJ builders will be able to offer tips and advice etc, as I find wrapping presents a challenge. Will start posting pics as I go along. going to start on the helmet tonight.

• Like 3

Very excited for you Stuart, sing out if you need a hand happy to help you make your first cut.

• Like 2

post-22804-143202138394_thumb.jpg
Alright first cuts. I'm using your reference pics Mark - I haven't done the right side yet, just getting some feedback before proceeding. I'm also referencing some pics from the first CFO build in an earlier thread  - the teeth look a little slimmer in that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Stubacca

Do you have a set of small files, they are easier to use when you need to take out small amounts and end with a good finish, specially with small to work in areas like the teeth.

• Like 1

Good luck mate. I will start with my helmet on the weekend. :)

Very helpful photos, Mark. These are the kind of pictures I was looking for last night :)

On below mentioned photo I noticed the first time that I have to relieve a bit of the ears? Is this correct?

D0F4FB46-466B-4D0C-9CE3-C8A15C10C07D_zps

Edited by K@nne
  • Like 1

I'm having dramas uploading pics - any tips?

Apparently forum has disabled photo sharing on Taptalk and I don't know how to upload pics on the FISD forum.

afdf2e642f0918d06cb046739d0c77ce_zps887a - I've got some gappage on the bottom left side - I thought I had only trimmed off a few mm either side but wondering if I have been to generous with the S bend cut on left side - I have minimal overlap on both sides at the base near the jawline/cheek when lined up. Thoughts?

I had the same gap, but I adjusted both sides a bit and the gap was closed. But you have only a bit overlaping (5mm) but It will work. I need an hour to find the satisfying solution yesterday :)

Get your pencil out Stu, keep adjusting until you get it aligned and make some marks where they overlap, so next time you put the two together you will have those marks to easily get it back together .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Get your pencil out Stu, keep adjusting until you get it aligned and make some marks where they overlap, so next time you put the two together you will have those marks to easily get it back together .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did the same, it will work and use some clamps :-P

BTW: The ears are the bigger problem :angry:

• Like 1