My first build - ROTJ Trooper

I see there's a strip on this picture on the legs - the CRL references overlap methods for EIB approval - looking at different pics and reference pics there seems to be a couple of variances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just glued my biceps same as you K@nne - I'll check with my garrison re whether I need to change it

• Like 1

I just glued my biceps same as you K@nne - I'll check with my garrison re whether I need to change it

Ok but I think it will be ok because in the crl it is not mentioned. We also have a ROTJ Centurion who glue the tights that way 😆 Edited by K@nne

Righto - who is that? do they have pics we can look at? I was looking at Rhapsodyred's centurion application - his are outer overlapping inner. The CRL is confusing - the reference pics in don't seem relevant at points.

Righto - who is that? do they have pics we can look at? I was looking at Rhapsodyred's centurion application - his are outer overlapping inner. The CRL is confusing - the reference pics in don't seem relevant at points.

No sry I mean the Centurion request of rhapsodyred He glued the tights inner over outer

But CFO glued the newest armour inner overlapping outer, have a looking on his Facebook page. But as already mentioned CRL does not say which way you have to glue the parts together

Edited by K@nne
  • Like 1

Yep I found that today - think I'll be following that - his arms are outside overlapping inner though.

• Like 1

Yep I found that today - think I'll be following that - his arms are outside overlapping inner though.

I will keep it inner overlapping outside. we did not know all suits so maybe this to variations are possible

I'm with you. We'll start a trend. If we don't get approved we'll start the 502nd.

• Like 1

I'm with you. We'll start a trend. If we don't get approved we'll start the 502nd.

Approved EiB... should ne no problem. Maybe Matthias can give a Feedback on this topic😆

I still think anything goes. Paul shows a pic of one suit of armour and the pic I showed is of another and they are clearly assembled differently.

I know that some arms were glued inner over outer but as Paul has shown there were also outer over inner. I have alwasy done outer over inner but as you can see that's not always the case.

• Like 1

I still think anything goes. Paul shows a pic of one suit of armour and the pic I showed is of another and they are clearly assembled differently.

I know that some arms were glued inner over outer but as Paul has shown there were also outer over inner. I have alwasy done outer over inner but as you can see that's not always the case.

I am with you in that case. Also put this question into the EIB section to be sure :) But I already glued the shins, and arms that way :) And for me it works much better especially for the tights I think with the inner overlapping the outer I will have much more room to wear them :)

Edited by K@nne
  • Like 1

The majority of reference photos I have show the outer parts overlapping the inner parts but some show the opposite. I have never seen the legs assembled the opposite way but I have seen the arms done that way. Outer over inner looks better in my opinion.

• Like 1

Bugger. Well they're done now - I'll apply the normal approved method to the legs when I do them - thanks for the input guys, it's such a minefield when you're a newbie builder.