My first build - ROTJ Trooper

Debatable on the shins. But this pic clearly shows thighs and arms glued that way.

8D33783C-D030-433D-8BA2-2750CE93B948_zps

And another thing, in your defence Mark, in this very image.

You can see the trim is a different colour white to the armor, especial around that butt plate.

I think you have a strong argument here mate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 2

So I've removed the return edges and thought I'd see how they went together - I'm not sure which is left and right or if it matters but noticed some overhang at one end - does this just get trimmed?A9EE966C-8D64-47EA-88C0-B355D75887FB_zps87856803-FC96-4943-9E3B-8BD361A5EF4F_zps10739AED-6363-40AF-B3EF-7BB88D775E18_zps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Stu, are you test fitting these as you go?, remember to always test fit with your compression top/bottom on for all limbs, before gluing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BF80F617-1534-4FC6-A9C9-A43C9AE8B668_zpsBCFD27CA-4D6A-4BED-A35B-4A6AB8C6405F_zpsA30B4E88-616F-4378-99C8-9B0D603D1AAE_zps

Did a quick fit - I think I'm ok - not as much kitesurfing as Johnnychaos! I only ordered my undersuit today so just tried it over my shirt. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Yeah, shins and arms are the same both sides. The original suit that was cast was missing parts. I hope to upgrade these issues when I'm in the new workshop. I will be cast parts off my Disney suit which has the lefts and rights. So it won't be totally unaltered but it will look better.

I hope to offer replacement parts at cost for existing troopers that have already bought armour from me. This house renovation and workshop can't happen quick enough. Good news today. Had an offer on my 2 bed flat so can relax on financing my house!

• Like 3

Great stuff - just didn't want to put left on right etc. Good news on the flat! will get on to torso trimming tonight so fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Hey Mark - with the discovery of the forearm overlap being reversed, do you think I should also do this with the biceps? e.g. bicep part to overlap the tricep piece?

So a quick fit of the biceps - going to trim back the return edge a little on the inside of the bicep as I can see it's going to dig in and cause injuries over time - is the gap on the tricep/outside ok?

2448AFB1-38DD-4A45-A3B0-15A176E965A5_zps757A56C7-8902-4F49-B7C9-5B1026F897D6_zps6D732FDC-72E7-4B8F-B0B0-49C9DF2DEF0B_zps

• Like 1

I invert the bottle and run the tip along the edge of the armour and then push the trim on. Keep the side without glue towards you and be careful to keep you hands and fingers off the glued edge when pushing the trim on......

• Like 2