image034_zpsichitmp7.jpg

tkboots_zpsekyju742.jpg

image007_zpsdymhg74q.jpg

DSC_8363_zpstsnictx5.jpg

DSC_8403_zpszm2zfkcq.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Chris

Nice job!  Only thing I see that you could tweek would be to bring the ab piece up to align with the top of the back section.  This would also then put your kidney notch in the perfect spot at the bottom to match the curve of the abdomen.  You would then have to re-do your rivets though on one side.  Good luck! 

Hi Christian, a really nice build so far. I agree with Scott on that side-rivet-issue. You really should change the positions of most (if not all) rivets and close the holes with ABS-Paste. I had to re-position my rivets during my Centurion-Application until it looked like this:

MHense_Ab-Kidney%20Attachment-Button-Ori

If you make the change to the position of the rivets, the upper edges of the ab- and the kidney-plate should meet flush.

I will show you that on my armor tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by Paggeldiwwer

Nice job!  Only thing I see that you could tweek would be to bring the ab piece up to align with the top of the back section.  This would also then put your kidney notch in the perfect spot at the bottom to match the curve of the abdomen.  You would then have to re-do your rivets though on one side.  Good luck! 

First of all ty for the tips. :-)

The problem is, that i cant move the Abdomen armor more upward than it is now.

That means, the kidney has to move down to align both.

This was clear before the build, too. And there were 2 decisions: moving the kidney down and having a pretty large gap between back armor and kidney (which is visible and does not look nice) or moving the kidney upward with having a not aligned (but not really visible) adjustment.

I also cant move the back down a bit more because of the curve on the top (i hope the pictures show what i mean).

Img_7099_zpscgpi2i7u.jpg

Img_7100_zpsbf4uy5lo.jpg

Hey there, Schießl! Thank you for your application for Expert infantry! We do have a few things to cover so let's take a look at your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required photos have been posted and I happy to say that your armor contains all necessary elements needed to obtain the EIB badge!! Congratulations!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section, observations will be made about your armor and suggestions will be made to improve the final look of your suit. Any suggestions here will NOT affect any application unless specifically stated. 

I do need to comment on the quality of the pictures. They really could be better.

You have a very impressive and solid build. Your armor is suited perfectly to your body type and fits you wonderfully. 

We need to discuss in depth the alignment of your ab and kidney plates.  I will cover this in greater detail in "Centurion Suggestions"

Although the correct color, I would at some point, upgrade the elastic that connects your chest and back plates over your shoulders. This is very thin and these straps support a great deal of your armor. You want them to last. You can make them as wide as the ribbed shoulder bridges.

Because other troopers reference these pages it should be noted that the waist belt corners were ALMOST trimmed too far. The outer, vertical edges of the plastic waist belt should be just about the same size as the canvas belt itself. 

Centurion Suggestions:

This application requires a much more specific set of photographs which reveal details not seen here. I try to spot and mention as much as I can but the final accuracy of the armor is the responsibility of the trooper.

You already have many of the required details already installed on your armor. There are a few changes I am going to ask you to make prior to applying.

I said I would go into greater detail regarding the alignment of your ab and kidney plates. 

First off...they are not. They should be straight across the top. This is how you have them now.image012_zpscjjegueq.jpgI took this and aligned them so you can see how they should be in the following picture.post-12041-0-22613400-1432067768_thumb.jpg   With the parts properly aligned, you can see how this has thrown off your rivet locations compared to the proper locations shown here:post-12041-0-73062400-1432068062_thumb.jpg  Now you can see that things kind of got started off wrong because you can see where the top rivet should have been installed as I pointed out with the red arrow. 

I took it one step further and and let you see what your torso would look like with your rivets installed in the proper locations. post-12041-0-83333700-1432068450_thumb.png.

Looking at your full body shots I noticed a bit of overlap at your sides. RS makes its ab mold with a slightly extra bit of material on the sides for troopers that need a little extra room. If these extensions are to be left on, however, the hardware should be installed in the proper locations in relation to the side seam. With the overlap at your side, I don't think you need this extra material. Put your torso on and with a helper, tighten your belt and see if the edge of the kidney can reach the edges of the ab I have marked on these pictures.post-12041-0-43289000-1432071041_thumb.jpg. If it can without too much effort, trim that off and you will have a MUCH improved overall look of your armor.

The next issue deals with the mounting position of the thigh pack on your right thigh. The molded ridge on the lower portion of the thigh has a definitive "corner" toward the rear on both sides. These "corners" are the mounting points for the thigh pack as seen on this screen used thigh seen from the rear.gallery_12157_15_1150.jpg

There should be an extension of material behind the last box on each side extending to this mounting point. You have yours trimmed way short and mounted far short of the mounting location I have marked by the red arrow. post-12041-0-78668700-1432071796_thumb.jpg  Unfortunately, the only fix for this is to replace the thigh pack. 

Lastly, please try to take better quality picture for your Centurion Application! :duim:

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you have and congratulations again on your EIB!!!

First of all ty for the tips. :-)

The problem is, that i cant move the Abdomen armor more upward than it is now.

That means, the kidney has to move down to align both.

This was clear before the build, too. And there were 2 decisions: moving the kidney down and having a pretty large gap between back armor and kidney (which is visible and does not look nice) or moving the kidney upward with having a not aligned (but not really visible) adjustment.

I also cant move the back down a bit more because of the curve on the top (i hope the pictures show what i mean).

Img_7099_zpscgpi2i7u.jpg

Img_7100_zpsbf4uy5lo.jpg

What you are picturing there is nowhere NEAR a big gap between your back and kidney. Heck, the corners are even touching. That gap can be totally eliminated by replacing your back to chest elastic with wider material and making that adjustment there. The kidney ab alignment will work on you....trust me.

What you are picturing there is nowhere NEAR a big gap between your back and kidney. Heck, the corners are even touching. That gap can be totally eliminated by replacing your back to chest elastic with wider material and making that adjustment there. The kidney ab alignment will work on you....trust me.

Hi Steve,

tyvm for the tips so far and eib. :-)

The pictures show the armor how it is build at the moment.

with having the ab and kidney aligned correctly it looked like this:

imagewzthr5o39f.jpg

is this gap between back and kidney still ok?

the pictures showing the armor overlapping adulate me a little bit. as you can see on the last picture (which you quoted), ab and kidney are not overlapping, so i would have to keep the extra plastic there, do i?

You could lengthen the strapping on the shoulders between the chest and back as Steve mentioned (which will bring the back down), and heat bend the top of the back pieces so it is not poking you.  Should not have to bend them too much.  Congrats on the EIB!  

That gap for Centurion is a bit much. Plus in that picture, it looks like the butt and kidney are overlapping a bit. Anyway, we are talking about fudging a few mm here and a few mm there to get the back positioned correctly. Align that kidney and ab first. Then that back will fall into place after that.