One more ROTJ TK for Germany and the Empire :)

Be careful, and if you can, put something cold like a bag of ice cubes on the outside to keep the plastic cool.

I will keep that ice cube thing in mind 😆

And I will try to add the glue slowly step by step and with more than one layer . Ans give the single layers enough time to cool down

• Like 1

I used hot glue and just used a little on the lens only - by the time you get the lens and your hand into position the glue has cooled a little. I also just blew cool air on the other side - don't know if it helped by I had no issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi folks,

did some test fitting today on my shins. What did you say any comments? I

front

20150611_170141_zpshmyhv0tw.jpg

right

20150611_170207_zpsnzkysptu.jpg

left

20150611_170236_zpsur9atyqr.jpg

20150611_170243_zpszcpjs6gl.jpg

back

20150611_170215_zpsxnqvgtdo.jpg

With the tights I will get a serious problem, I did not trimm them much but I need some extra material, I can´t get them closed in the back, I should stop squatting :(

Your shins look a little high on your leg. Some advice, when your fitting your armor make sure you have your undersuit on. It will change how it fits. Also put your boots on when fitting the shins. If you don't when you put the boots on and shins they will push up and hit against the thigh armor. You will end up having to redo the shins. . My thighs are 26 in from years of sports. With my ESB I had to do butt joint them. You should be able to overlap yours. If not, there are tutorials on here on how to shim Check those out to get you past the thighs. My thighs were the toughest part of my build FWIW. Your build is coming along nicely

Your shins look a little high on your leg. Some advice, when your fitting your armor make sure you have your undersuit on. It will change how it fits. Also put your boots on when fitting the shins. If you don't when you put the boots on and shins they will push up and hit against the thigh armor. You will end up having to redo the shins. . My thighs are 26 in from years of sports. With my ESB I had to do butt joint them. You should be able to overlap yours. If not, there are tutorials on here on how to shim Check those out to get you past the thighs. My thighs were the toughest part of my build FWIW. Your build is coming along nicely

thx mate. You are right, it would be better to do a test fitting with the undersuit and the boots. I will check out the board for the tutorials and the assembling of the tights will be done in the end. I will assemble the easier parts first :)

Hi guys,

I first want to assemble the tights in the end of my build but due to the "new" findings on one of Mark´s reference pics, I had to try it :) I taped the tights with the inner overlapping the outer part. I have more room with that method instead of the traditional method.  But the I am not satisfied with the left one, the endings on the top will not fit together corrctly. any ideas how I can solve the problem or what did I wrong?

20150615_232725_zpsvkch8ilw.jpg

20150615_232708_zpsqkm3xcph.jpg

20150615_233158_zpsvktdpnmn.jpg

20150615_233347_zpsanxmmjuz.jpg

The right tight is very tight, but I can do some more adjustments on the left often, I have a bit room to adjust it.

thx

Chris

Whoops, totally forgot about that!

If it doesn't fit together perfectly, just allign the two halfes at the top and see how it looks at the bottom.

Sent from the shield generator on Endor

• Like 1

Had a day off and made some more progress on my amour....

......trimm glued onto the pieces ( I used the Pattex superglue gel)

20150619_105447_001_zpsreb8jw6w.jpg

....CFO strapping packes..

20150619_112438_zpselpejlli.jpg

....and add the first elastics of the strapping onto the amour....

20150619_122938_001_zps0xyohkqo.jpg

20150619_122944_zpscakxqufq.jpg

.....TD assembled

20150619_105405_zps17bmnnvn.jpg

Also did some test fitting on the arms, what do you think, I taped it inner overlapping the outer part

20150619_102727_zpsulpbgmaf.jpg

20150619_102703_zpsi3wmxakn.jpg

• Like 1

thx a lot guys :)

....some more test fitting. But I have to wait with the assembling until my velcro for the shoulder bridges will arrive next week.

20150620_152159_zpss3gqooey.jpg

20150620_152203_zpsf9zkam44.jpg

20150620_152155_zpsgw1p64wu.jpg

20150620_152148_zpsnkyjhwhi.jpg

Wow, you fill out this armor better than me :)

Just one thing (you will notice later, when you are completely assembled),

your back plate is a bit too high.

Again, great progress!

• Like 1

Wow, you fill out this armor better than me :)

Just one thing (you will notice later, when you are completely assembled),

your back plate is a bit too high.

Again, great progress!

Good point, already noticed it, my wife taped it a bit to high. We already adjusted it a bit :)

• Like 2

Guys, one more question. For EIB certification, the drop boxes have to be closed in the back. Does anybody no how to attach the white elastic to the boxes?

I only know the following reference (thx to TK-300.com for sharing) where you can see that the elastic is glued on the back of the inner box

7l5zoiecyqhc_zpssuynosys.jpg

But I also saw some pictures where the elastic was glued between the inner and the outer dropbox. What do you recommend how to glue? In the CRL it is not specified only that the boxes have to be closed in the back  

• Drop boxes are closed in the back.

thx

Chris

Edited by K@nne

I riveted my elastic to the back of the drop box.  A lot of people will glue them as well.  You can also glue the elastic strip to your belt to keep the boxes from moving.  Hope this helps.  I did notice that your cod is low on your body as there is a big gap.  If you move the cod/ab up, that may take care of the back plate being too high.  Just an opinion.  Your doing great with this build and will be on Endor soon enough

• Like 1

I riveted my elastic to the back of the drop box.  A lot of people will glue them as well.  You can also glue the elastic strip to your belt to keep the boxes from moving.  Hope this helps.  I did notice that your cod is low on your body as there is a big gap.  If you move the cod/ab up, that may take care of the back plate being too high.  Just an opinion.  Your doing great with this build and will be on Endor soon enough

Thx a lot :)

That´s another option to attach the box to the elastic. 

You are right, I have a big gap at the cod piece,but  It was just a first test. I will do some more test fitting to find the best option for my measurements. The back piece is also a bit to high. I am not the largest guy I am only 5'8" high

Hey folks,

had some time today to work on my armor.

....glued the arms and shins are ready to wear :)

received_833349860087311_zpsy1azpjxk.jpe

20150624_171841_zpshoiowkhp.jpg

.....preparing the abdominal plate for the paint job.....

20150624_191535_zps1ld9bndr.jpg

20150624_191539_zps32kgb05e.jpg

20150624_192406_zpssxbwnyjp.jpg

Edited by K@nne

Buttons painted :) On the photo they look all painted black but they are painted black and blue :smiley-sw013:

- 3 dark blue (Humbrol No15) the buttons near the belt

- 6 black (Humbrol No21)

20150624_230003_zpsc7gq3kp1.jpg

• Like 3