TK-42178 Requesting ANH Stunt Build EIB Status (AP)[463]

Name: Alexandre Rondeau
TK : 42178
Forum Name : Spycee
Garrison : Canadian Garrison (Imperial Fortress Squad)
Armor Maker : AP
Helmet Maker : AP
Blaster Type : resin
Heigh t: 5'11"
Weight : 185lb
Boot maker : Amsterdam boots painted white
Canvas Belt : TKittell
Hand Plates : AP
Neck Seal Type : Darman
Holster Maker : AP

Full body :

sZbTQD1l.jpg

pzS44dXl.jpg

XWQXyjwl.jpg

cFtnNPfl.jpg

dNKS2kNl.jpg

yBfPPUCl.jpg

7U8Jxzdl.jpg

gHTPynbl.jpg

Ab detail :

qN2g7DSl.jpg

Action shot :

xt5AM1Gl.jpg

Cod and butt plate attachment :

oL8aMyFl.jpg  3DJjW8yl.jpg

Interior strapping :

IeGsURBl.jpg

Belt :

ptl6v0Il.jpg  LynUfpEl.jpg

4I0Rz7Cl.jpg

Blaster :

WjcYdJtl.jpg  vCDlizSl.jpg

r2ilGDnl.jpg  kZHgba2l.jpg

Neck seal :

nwnL9IQl.jpg

Thermal detonator :

Mr253Kgl.jpg

Helmet :

HibpkVMl.jpg  V70YAsSl.jpg

8chip42l.jpg  pYQ7Fj1l.jpg

kS2qB5hl.jpg

For future Centurion status :

- I have my rubber handplates, I just didn't have the time to glue them

- I have another helmet for Centurion, I only need to paint the screws

- The inner drop boxes are "Centurion ready"

- I need to add the inverted snap on the right side

You made a very nice kit, Alexandre!! I'm pretty sure you'll get the badge easy... The only thing that my noob eye can spot is the rank stripe of your ear bars on your bucket.

DC6CDE9C-1E7E-4B1B-A444-E32CEC16A438_zps

Other than that, I think you're pretty much set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HI Alex! I hope I may call you that. :blush: If not, Please forgive me. Thank you for your application for Expert Infantry. Let's take a look at this fine set of armor!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been posted. Your armor displays all necessary elements required for EIB. With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: In this section I will touch on suggestions and observations made by both myself and your fellow troopers. These are suggestions to improve the final look of your armor and do not affect any application unless specifically stated.

First I want to say how nice of a job you have done with the construction of this armor. I know what a challenge AP can be at times and you have nailed it. I still cannot believe that some who weighs only 185 lbs. would need to shim their armor. But you did and YOU NAILED IT! Well done, Sir, with that seam blending!! 

There was a mention regarding the rank bar on your ear. Although this element was only seen on the rear two bars in ANH, EIB applications don't really recognize that level of detail. I am sure we will see the correct one painted on your Centurion helmet.

The only other item I found interesting was actually on your blaster. Although the maker of your blaster is still in the dark, Doopy Doos parts are clearly used but one part that is NOT is the rear sight. Your seems unusually tall. As you can see compared to the real Sterling sight on the right. Also yours doesn't have the scallopping. post-12041-0-23074100-1432009604_thumb.jpg

By the way; your charging handle behind the ejection port is installed backwards. The curve should be facing forward.

Centurion Suggestions:

Centurion photos require a much more detailed set of pics. For this reason, details may show up in a Centurion application that were not spotted here. The ultimate accuracy of a set of armor is set by its owner.

You have already stated several things you have scheduled to change before you apply for Centurion like flexible handplates, a completely different helmet, and right, upper corner ab plate male snap. Make sure you have that small elastic for the shoulder bridges as well! I can't see the inside of the chest/back connections so these need to be verified to be correct, too. 

WITH A NEW HELMET, HANDPLATES, ETC,  PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU TAKE NEW PHOTOS FOR YOUR CENTURION APPLICATION WITH ALL THE NEW CENTURION COMPONENTS!!!!

Earlier it was mentioned about the screws that hold your belt clips on the thermal detonator. The ones you have are fine since an application has never been denied based on the type. For your knowledge, the original screws were slotted and flat topped like the ones seen here:gallery_12157_51_16672.jpg

Lastly, I would pop one of the rivets off the blaster retaining strap that is mounted in the center of the holster. Two rivets here are not necessary nor was it accurate. 

Congratulations again!!!

Woo hoo thanks guys !

You can call me Alex only if I can call you Steve  :)

For the mentionned points :

- My Centurion helmet has the rank bar on the third bump from the left, so it should be ok.  I'll change it on this helmet too when I'll find some time.

- The blaster came from a guy referred by Mark from AP.  I don't know how he built it, I only bought it while waiting to finish my "real" blaster (which will take a long time !).  I don't know how the parts are glued, and if it is easy to correct the problems.  Will I be able to be Centurion with this blaster or will I have to wait for my other blaster to be finished ?  What is scalloping ?

- I already have the small white elastics for the shoulder bridges, I just didn't think to take a picture of them with the interior strapping, sorry.

- If I remove one of the 2 rivets on the holster it will leave a hole, is it a problem for Centurion ?  Is it mandatory to remove it ?  I'm more bothered by a hole in it than having 2 rivets.   Maybe I'll just change it someday for another one, and give this one to my daughter.

- For my Centurion approbation I will (of course) take again all of the pictures.

Thanks again !