TK-? My AP build

I used a heat gun and bent mine with my thumbs. Mine was cut from a welders shield, but should work the same. Just lightly heat, bend, check. If not enough, heat again, bend again.

Hello everyone!

While waiting for my application to go through... I decided to follow Germain's advice about the shoulder bridges.

So I prepared a pot of boiling water in order to dip the bridges (one at a time) for a minute. Honestly, I was mostly scared that the heat would affect the E-6000 where it is glued to the chest. But it seems all is well.

075.%20Bridge%20bending_zpsib0s52m5.jpg

I did it twice per bridge... holding them with work gloves because the ABS was hot. After about 30 seconds, I dipped them in cold water. I think it went pretty well. Here's the result:

075a.%20Bridges%20bent_zpsniel9kmx.jpg

Merci Germain!   :)

Edited by Somatophylax
  • Like 2

Hello,

Still waiting...

So I got the box to carry the outfit around. Seems like quite a common format as far as I've seen.

8129033_L.jpg

I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment building. Damn thing is heavy!  Even when empty. Once the armor is in, I can barely lift it!  Wow! They could have put handles on it on the sides. Right now, there's no real grip on it.  I guess I'll have to roll it down, one step at a time (up and down).  That suck.  But I need something to carry it all.  So I should suck it up and deal with it.  Maybe I'll buy a house next year... a house with no stairs :)

So... to all you more experienced troopers out there:  Aside from the armor, boots, accessories, and undersuit... What else do you carry in it?  Tools or anything for repairs? Superglue? Tape? Spare batteries?

Cheers

Edited by Somatophylax

So... Here's another puzzle for you more experiences builders.  I am trying to put in the darker, more solid green film that I got from Trooperbay instead of the light flimsy one that came with the suit.  So I drew a template with a piece of paper, then added about a centimeter extra, and cut them. I them wrapped the edges with hockey tape.

074.%20Darker%20lenses_zps8izlqnmm.jpg

But here's my problem. That lens is so stiff it won't let me put it in the bucket. No amount of tape will force it into the curved surface inside. It will just pop out after a few seconds.  So now I'm stuck.

Any suggestions?

Hi guys,

Still waiting for that Legion approval to come in...

I tried to do something about the thicker green lens, but to no avail.  Heat gun, boiling water... It simply will NOT change shape. No matter what I do with it, it turns back to its original flat shape.  So I guess that was a waste of money.  I would have liked to see if there were videos on the TrooperBay site about this... but their site has been down for quite a while and I don't know what's wrong with them.

So I guess I'll keep the original thinner light green for this coming event on the weekend.

Stay tuned!

Hello again,

So... after a lot of testing with both a headset and a throat mic, I have decided that the headset is just too impractical. However, the throat mic is not easy to set up for me, probably because I have a skinny neck and it doesn't hold tight enough on me, even with the neckseal on. This was annoying because unless I really raise my voice, it won't pick it up. So I decided to do a cheap experiment with a thin strip of masking tape.  I simply tied both ends of the mic together like this:

077.%20Throat%20mic_zpsfako8mg6.jpg

I don't really feel it. It's comfortable. And since masking tape doesn't stick well anyway, it doesn't leave marks on my skin.  But most important... the mic performs wonderfully now!  It picks up my voice easily, even if I speak softly. And under the neckseal, it won't show anyway.

077a.%20Throat%20mic%20hidden_zps0pscxl7

So, I'm glad that this issue is solved.  I also set the iComm to only one specific static burst because some of them I find too loud and annoying.

Cheers!

Edited by Somatophylax
  • Like 1

Belle job Stephane !! J'ai bien hate de debuter moi aussi mais je suis seulement a l'etape de la recherche.... 

Merci!  J'ai cherché pendant au moins 1 mois avant de me décider.  Bonne chance!

Nice tip with the masking tape for your mic. If you have issues with moisture causing the adhesive to fail during a teoop try cloth tape, normally used in first aid.

Definitely writing that tip fown for my own mic!

Good morning Troopers!

I just had my first trooping experience with the 501st at the 2015 Montreal ComicCon.  It was painfully awesome!  Painful because my feet and shoulders hurt :)  But after spending 15 hours in the armour over 2 days, I already miss it. Here are a few shots:

Me (on the right on both pics)

Stormtroopers4_zpsrw3w406t.jpgStormtroopers8_zpsyrtyuxy6.jpg

Me and Godzilla

Godzilla_zpsmz8eptki.jpg

Me getting Force-choked. Look at the guy's t-shirt

Force%20choke_zpsavpeyrd6.jpg

Elevator selfie. I'm in the far back, left

Selfie_zpsyq811rjq.jpg

Buckets off. I'm right next to R2-T54

Stormtroopers5a_zpskny7i3bo.jpg

And the 501st group pic!

501_zpsl4gib1w3.jpg

For the next trooping experience, here are new items to add to my gear:

- Dr. Scholl's gel soles

- Advil

- Extra set of cotton gloves to wear under the rubber ones

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

While still waiting for my application to go through, here are a few more pics...

Me and R2-T54

IMG_8702_zpso6xiwab1.jpg

Nice gang picture (I,m just left of the droid)

IMG_8700_zpsfguqhhbo.jpg

Me (on the left) and the rest preparing for a fight

IMG_8704_zpstyrihn7i.jpg

Your Armor looks Great. I'd recommend maybe adding some foam on the inside of you left thigh (outer thigh at the bottom) to keep it centered on your leg and more inline with your shin/knee plate. :duim:

Still no news of your approval ?

Ton costume est très bien, et tu as eu une bonne expérience pour le porter pendant le comiccon !

Si je peux te donner quelques conseils pour l'améliorer :

- Essaie de rendre tes épaules symétriques.  La gauche est très éloignée et la droite est un peu trop collée.  Si tu as besoin d'un truc contacte moi.

- Mets du foam dans la cuisse gauche, dans le côté gauche de la cuisse.  Ca va replacer la cuisse pour la rendre moins croche.

Your costume is nice and you had a good opportunity to wear it at the comiccon !

Here are some advices to get it better :

- Try to get your shoulder symetrical, left is too far apart and right is too close to the chest.  Contact me for some advice.

- Put foam in you left thigh, on the left side of the thigh.  It should help to position it correctly.

Edited by Spycee

• 2 months later...

My build is finally finished !! It's been a while actually... I was missing a thing or two here or there but I finally got approved !!! Thanks to all of you who commented and help me accomplish that BIG project !!! I'm pretty proud of what I achieved since I'm not really manual...lol

TK-69671 signing out.... of this topic