Supply list for your OT TK build....

46 minutes ago, belloq said:

Needless to say at this point, but this thread is ridiculously helpful. Does anyone happen to know if the fasteners, clips, straps, etc. included with the strapping kits for ANH TK helmet and armor kits from RS Prop Masters are screen-accurate? If not, for which pieces listed here might I need swap out the RS parts?

They are screen-accurate.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, belloq said:

Needless to say at this point, but this thread is ridiculously helpful.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, Vader2015 said:

Oh good I was thinking the same thing, they said I could go for centurion level with their setup.... is that true

Absolutely, Evon.  RS is one of the most screen accurate kits available.  I would suggest checking out the Advanced tactics program area, especially this part of it:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/66-fisd-centurion-program/

You can also have a look through the approved Centurion submissions here, especially those with (RS) after them:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

• 4 weeks later...

This is so amazing. I've got a DA Props stunt on the way. I'm going shopping this weekend to get it all together for when my kit arrives! Thanks to everyone who contributed and especially to Joseph. This thread saved me hours of research and headache. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I assume you are looking to have that done on a local level, Todd.  Have you tried signing up at your local Garrison's boards and seeing if there is someone near who could take that on?

Here is a link to their (Garrison Tyranus) site:  http://www.garrisontyranus.com/

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, m3tal_man84 said:

Well, just got my RS kit this friday. This list is going to be my holy grail.

Thank you!

My pleasure, sir, and best of luck on your build!  Glad to see that you are going the "do it yourself" route, and hopefully you will taking your RS kit to EI and then on to Centurion.  Reaching these levels is easier to do during your build rather than after, and if we can be of any help in your white armor journey just ask!

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

My pleasure, sir, and best of luck on your build!  Glad to see that you are going the "do it yourself" route, and hopefully you will taking your RS kit to EI and then on to Centurion.  Reaching these levels is easier to do during your build rather than after, and if we can be of any help in your white armor journey just ask!
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

Definitely shooting for centurion right out of the gate. Might take me a little longer than it would for level 1, but will be worth the wait. I already waited this long... Whats another couple of months of work added on top of everything.

I have to admit, though, i am really nervous to start cutting. Never done anything like this before and I know a lot of people have been in the same boat, having done a great job in the end. So, I just chalk it up as early stage jitters. Not going to stop me from getting it done.

Also, I am a little worried that it won't fit due to my height, being 6'2 and all. I know the moulds were built for 5'8. But I stay optimistic about the whole process!

So anyways, I shall be posting my process on the thread I created if anyone would like to follow and watch me through it all.

Thanks for the future help!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Great to hear that you are aiming for level 3!  It's not really that much more work to reach EI and Centurion, just more attention to detail.  The old saying "measure twice, cut once" applies, and when in doubt, ask questions.

It would also really help to go over some of the approved Centurion threads in the link below, especially the ones with (RS) in the title.  Lots of tips and ideas there.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/72-request-centurion-status/

8 hours ago, m3tal_man84 said:

Definitely shooting for centurion right out of the gate. Might take me a little longer than it would for level 1, but will be worth the wait. I already waited this long... Whats another couple of months of work added on top of everything.

I have to admit, though, i am really nervous to start cutting. Never done anything like this before and I know a lot of people have been in the same boat, having done a great job in the end. So, I just chalk it up as early stage jitters. Not going to stop me from getting it done.

Also, I am a little worried that it won't fit due to my height, being 6'2 and all. I know the moulds were built for 5'8. But I stay optimistic about the whole process!

So anyways, I shall be posting my process on the thread I created if anyone would like to follow and watch me through it all.

Thanks for the future help! emoji14.png

It's not really another couple months of work for Centurion in my opinion. Other than the flexible hand plates and needing to procure a blaster, it's more about how you build everything. I built my kit in 5 weeks (granted, I bought it second-hand and most of it was already trimmed) with Centurion as the end goal (still have a few last-minute things, to be fair).

PS: Molds were built for an actor 5'9"/5'10". Most taller guys just need longer shims, it just means you'll have longer gaps between limbs. If you have a long torso you might need to tweak some things, but you'll find out on your first test fitting.

• Like 1

It's not really another couple months of work for Centurion in my opinion. Other than the flexible hand plates and needing to procure a blaster, it's more about how you build everything. I built my kit in 5 weeks (granted, I bought it second-hand and most of it was already trimmed) with Centurion as the end goal (still have a few last-minute things, to be fair).

PS: Molds were built for an actor 5'9"/5'10". Most taller guys just need longer shims, it just means you'll have longer gaps between limbs. If you have a long torso you might need to tweak some things, but you'll find out on your first test fitting.
No... All legs. My torso is regular...lol. Got the long legs.

This thread is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you sir! I'm compiling a list of what I will need, material-wise, since I'm planning on ordering my RS build-it-yourself kit this spring or summer. The process seems pretty daunting, but rewarding! 

On 6/23/2015 at 12:05 PM, TK_Junebug said:

Thanks for the awesome visual. I'm going to print these up and post them in my work station. I'm starting to get supplies together for the upcoming Anovos kit I ordered yesterday. I am geeked to say the least.

Heyyy. What is an Anovos kit? New hereeee.

Anovos is a company that makes many different kits. You can look them up on line, but I wouldn't recommend buying from them at this time. They have rediculous wait times to get your product. Especially if you are wanting a ANH TK. Which is a stormtrooper from episode 4. 

Anovos also has the worst customer service that there is. They are rated as an   F  by the Better Business Bureau.  

They have also been suspended from the vetted armor makers list on this forum because of these things.

Do yourself a favor if you ard wanting armor and only buy from the vetted sellers listed in the getting started section. 

18 hours ago, Along said:

Heyyy. What is an Anovos kit? New hereeee.

Tom pretty much covered the Anovos question, Arif.  Although their armor is completely 501st approvable when built correctly, their customer service leaves a LOT to be desired.  Your best bet is to check out the "vetted" sellers on this thread:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/

They are tried and true armorers, and can help you out.

• Like 1

Tom pretty much covered the Anovos question, Arif.  Although their armor is completely 501st approvable when built correctly, their customer service leaves a LOT to be desired.  Your best bet is to check out the "vetted" sellers on this thread:  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/
They are tried and true armorers, and can help you out.

Thankssss a lott! Will check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
Sir Joseph. Thank you for the time and effort you put into this post for all of us. This is exactly what I have been looking for.
Quick question in regards to #34 paint, Grey: Humbrol #5 or Testors #1138, can this be used on the ab buttons or is there a different color shade? Thanks in advance.

34.  PAINT:
        Gloss black:    Humbrol # 21  or   Testors # 1747 for vocoder, trap/ tear drop/ear bar outlines/stripes, ROTJ and ESB frown.
        Gray:               Humbrol # 5   or     Testors # 1138  for trap/tear drop/ear bar background and ANH frown. ___?____
        French Blue    Humbrol # 14  or    Testors # 2715  ForTube stripes/ ab buttons.
        Mediterranean Blue   Humbrol  (Tube stripes alternative color)  Testors:  No exact match
        Gloss white   for rivet caps

I need to paint my TD....where can I find the grey spray Can to paint canister ???
H E L P !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk