Supply list for your OT TK build....

Thank youu, really helpful for me to start my list of tools etc... i have a question regarding the e-6000 glue are there any other 'brand' that the same type/good as e-6000?<br>

Thanks.

I asked the same question and got told e6000 is the one to use as you take it apart and re stick it if you make a mistake.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

E6000 can be found at JoAnn's Fabrics and Michael's Craft stores, many other hobby (and sewing) stores, as well as Amazon. And Walmart.

And maybe Ace? :) (I've never seen it at Home Depot or Lowes, so maybe not a hardware store sort of thing)

http://www.joann.com/e-6000-adhesive--3-3-4-oz/1090323.html#q=e6000&start=2

http://www.michaels.com/e6000-craft-adhesive/10192536.html#q=e6000&start=1

https://www.amazon.com/E6000®-Craft-Adhesive-3-7-oz/dp/B007TSYNG8/

http://www.walmart.com/ip/E6000-230022-Eclectic-3.7-Oz-Clear-Automotive-and-Industrial-Adhesive/20370963

I used two 3.7oz tubes on my build. Some people use a little more, others a little less. I'd start with two. (more if you can only get the smaller 2oz tubes of course)

JoAnn's and Michaels tend to be the cheapest because of readily available coupons, if you buy locally. (online coupons are easy to get and find, both directly on their sites and at internet coupon sites)

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

Hello as for the Gloss white paint, is there a number or paint brand I need to know? And do you use that for the entire armor? How much do I need and I'm assuming I don't need a top coat of another type of paint to make the armor shiny?

The white paint is just for painting over the rivets (not snaps, rivets). Required for higher level approvals, but so easy it's recommended for all. The exact type doesn't really matter... I know a few guys who just used Liquid Paper!

I ordered mrnostripes strap kit. How much of the nylon, snaps, etc does that allow me to skip? I assume I'll still need a few snaps and at least a little bit of elastic for the shoulder bells and for closing the ab/back plates.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

Good question, Jaime.  If someone who has used this could post the info. here, I will add it to the main list.  Thanks!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2016 at 8:25 AM, Z0M3E said:

This is so helpful and a bit overwhelming. I'm going to print this out and start ordering. Thanks for posting.

Don't let it be overwhelming, Michael.  Many of the things on the list you can actually borrow from friends of relatives, or you can go to places such as Harbor Freight or Northern Tool and pick them up for way less that you can at the big box home improvement stores.

Unfortunately, the Neon City Garrison has no website at the moment, but you can get in touch with them here:  facebook.com/NeonCityGarrison to find out if there are any "armor parties" planned.  These are designed to help new folks with their builds, and often have many of the tools you will need.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 weeks later...

I remember looking at this thread when I first began my build. Now that it's completed, I perused this again to see how much of it actually applied to me and I can say that this list is pretty definitive. I had all the tools but the expendables list was the most helpful bit for me, save for the Band-Aids. I actually don't think I cut myself even once. :)

I remember looking at this thread when I first began my build. Now that it's completed, I perused this again to see how much of it actually applied to me and I can say that this list is pretty definitive. I had all the tools but the expendables list was the most helpful bit for me, save for the Band-Aids. I actually don't think I cut myself even once. :)

It doesn't count until it's been baptized in blood! LOL

(the blood of your enemies totally counts)

This list is awesome. Many, many, many, many thanks to the OP for assembling it!

OP?  Not certain what that stands for, but hope it's not Old Person, LOL.

OP?  Not certain what that stands for, but hope it's not Old Person, LOL.

Original Poster  :D

EDIT: Sorry for the double post my PC started a background scan when I clicked the post button. 

Edited by thedaringdragoon

This list is awesome. Many, many, many, many thanks to the OP for assembling it!

Glad you like the list, and glad to be of service!

It doesn't count until it's been baptized in blood! LOL

(the blood of your enemies totally counts)

Ha! My first troop is this weekend and if I have to descend any stairs there may yet be blood. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

13.  Elastic-  1 inch wide black for shoulder bells, etc. (4 ft.)  2 inch wide white for ab/back plate shoulder connection (1 ft.), 1 inch wide white for drop boxes, (1 ft.) 1/4 inch wide white** (1 ft.) for shoulder straps.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the elastic used for? I guess my real question is, why can't you use nylon strapping for those areas just as everywhere else? Could someone maybe post a pic of the inside of their shoulder bells or something so I can get an idea of what this is for? Also, I'll be the first to admit I didn't read all 9 pages. Forgive me if this has been answered.  :smiley-sw013:

Thanks guys

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the elastic used for? I guess my real question is, why can't you use nylon strapping for those areas just as everywhere else? Could someone maybe post a pic of the inside of their shoulder bells or something so I can get an idea of what this is for? Also, I'll be the first to admit I didn't read all 9 pages. Forgive me if this has been answered.  :smiley-sw013:

Thanks guys

The elastic is authentic and a lot of the reason we do this is to attempt to create something very similar to the screen-used suits. I have seen nylon strapping used on the ab/back plate shoulder connections but the others are pretty much essential, either for movement or accuracy at EIB or Centurion levels. 

I think it's common to come into this hobby thinking, "Why do all these people do it this way?!? I can so improve upon this! " I was right there myself on a few points... only to learn when I started trooping, that there really are reasons to listen to the way it's generally done. I had a few "a ha" moments on my first troop and 'fessed up to some of the guys after having an armor blowout and their knowing grins and nods told me that this is a common affliction. ;)

Edited by Addertime
  • Like 2