Supply list for your OT TK build....

They are actually the same size snaps, Phil.  The post on those snaps should be a little shorter, though, if possible, since there is only 2 mm or less to go through.  PM incoming..

Edited by justjoseph63

Just received the Anovos armor. This link is getting a lot of recommendation from FB and I just wanted to say, it doesn't disappoint (I'm an engineer, I still like pictures).

Thanks for sharing all your efforts. Even though the Anovos comes with materials, the other little things like scissors and such are great suggestions.

• Like 3

I may have missed this, but what about materials for the canvas belt? The belt plus the Velcro? And also how much black 2" and white 1" Velcro is typically needed? Thanks for the great list.

• Like 1

You could make the belt yourself, Luc, but there are several folks selling them here on the FISD.  I have purchased 2 from Robert, (TKittel), and they are high quality, made to order, and ship fast!  You can find his thread here: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/19803-fs-white-canvas-belts/.

As for the 2 inch black nylon, it is used for the "double snap" system (which I personally swear by for strength).  The main connections I used it for were the kidney/ab, kidney/back, and kidney/butt, (see photo).  You would need about 48 inches, which includes extra to make the snap connections that glue to your armor.  The one inch white Velcro is used for the calf closure, so 36 inches should be more than enough.

20150620_174251_resized_zpsl7af6xmh.thumb.jpg.e89985ecdfabe0798bc460aed44ae0e2.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated
  • Like 1

Thanks for the reply regarding the belt and white Velcro! There is 2" black Velcro (various uses) listed so I was wondering what that's used for and how much I will need. Sorry if that was unclear!<br><br>

Will definitely read up on the double snap system.

Some people use the 2 inch black industrial strength Velcro in addition to or in place of snaps, especially on the kidney/ab connection, as it provides stability, and keeps them level.  Also, it is a valuable thing to keep in your armor bin, in case you need last minute repairs.

Hello guys and gals. I'm new to this site and I'm interested in getting into the cosplay scene and joining the 501st with my very own set of armour. I have images from this thread of items for the build but actually don't have info on where to get the kits for the armour itself. Could you help?

Edited by IronZilla

Welcome, Dominic!  Use this link http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/ to find a list of all the vetted armorers you can use.

Sir Joseph. Thank you for the time and effort you put into this post for all of us. This is exactly what I have been looking for.

Quick question in regards to #34 paint, Grey: Humbrol #5 or Testors #1138, can this be used on the ab buttons or is there a different color shade? Thanks in advance.

34.  PAINT:

Gloss black:    Humbrol # 21  or   Testors # 1747 for vocoder, trap/ tear drop/ear bar outlines/stripes, ROTJ and ESB frown.

Gray:               Humbrol # 5   or     Testors # 1138  for trap/tear drop/ear bar background and ANH frown. ___?____

French Blue    Humbrol # 14  or    Testors # 2715  ForTube stripes/ ab buttons.

Mediterranean Blue   Humbrol  (Tube stripes alternative color)  Testors:  No exact match

Gloss white   for rivet caps

Good eye, Tahitoa!  I forgot to mention the ab-buttons after the grey paint, and will change that now,  Thanks!

• Like 1

I worked on several Anovos kits a few weeks ago, John, and to be honest, I was not that impressed with their strapping system.  Velcro is fine and dandy for many things, but for holding a set of armor together I just wouldn't trust it.  I have seen pieces fall off during troops (embarrassing), so if you are planning on using it frequently I would go with the snap or bracket system.  Let's get you approved so you can start trooping with us in the Makaze Squad!

Edited by justjoseph63

• 4 weeks later...

Darman's neck seals can be found here, Steven :http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/21385-darmans-neck-seals/, and you can reach him here via PM for info. on the holsters:   http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/user/1656-darman/