ATA stunt - charlesnarles' 1st armor (going for centurion)

Let the FUN begin!

I have an ATA kit also and, it has been a lot of fun building it.  I am building for Centurion too,  heck why not!

Make sure you enjoy the process.  Build only when you feel like it, don't rush it.  

I pour over everyones Centurion builds almost every day looking at all the tiny details.  Look at others builds and post lots of questions!!!

Lets see photos!!!

Have fun!!

Russell

Looks like I'm not missing any pieces:

image_zpspk952qgz.jpg

One small thing... He gives you a cool little pin to sport, which is nice:

image_zpsaiorphli.jpg

...but it was packed with my chest piece face down on the sharp side of the pin with everything else on top of it. So there's a deep cut in the middle of my chest right out of the box. Not so nice:

image_zpstxgiffrr.jpg

Grand scheme of things it won't matter, but maybe put 4 sq. in. of bubble wrap around it next timeðŸ˜

Nothing else is looks scratched and I can dremel-buff ones I find. So I'm happy with it, especially for around the same price as Anovos' kit. The back plate and other details are sharper than I expected, plus I wasn't expecting hard hand guards (Queen's are already in the mail).

Am I in the club now?😎

Edited by charlesnarles

...but it was packed with my chest piece face down on the sharp side of the pin with everything else on top of it. So there's a deep cut in the middle of my chest right out of the box. Not so nice:

image_zpstxgiffrr.jpg

Grand scheme of things it won't matter, but maybe put 4 sq. in. of bubble wrap around it next time

Nothing else is looks scratched and I can dremel-buff ones I find. So I'm happy with it, especially for around the same price as Anovos' kit. The back plate and other details are sharper than I expected, plus I wasn't expecting hard hand guards (Queen's are already in the mail).

Am I in the club now?

I'd ask Terrell to send you a new one. I'm sure he will once you show him the pics, he's pretty cool like that.

Edited by ukswrath

New chest piece incoming at no additional cost. A+ service once again. I guess I have an extra chest piece to incorporate into my Rebel Legion jedi costume.

Okay! Time to start... somewhere!

As expected. Terrell is the best. ATA  :jc_doublethumbup:

I have made a few scratches in my armor, even some tiny cuts.  I found you can rub the back of your fingernail really hard on them back and forth and it closes them up.  Something to try while you work...cause you will scratch/cut em' as you go.  

I am going to have a NOVUS polish party when I am done!

• Like 1

I have made a few scratches in my armor, even some tiny cuts.  I found you can rub the back of your fingernail really hard on them back and forth and it closes them up.  Something to try while you work...cause you will scratch/cut em' as you go.  

I am going to have a NOVUS polish party when I am done!

RUSSEL!!

You scratched your armor!? Start over  :laugh1:

lmfao!!!! @ukswrath...hilarious. He really has been extremely meticulous with his build...  :laugh1:

lol, yea Russell is a great guy and his attention to detail, as you said it, is meticulous. Kinda reminds me of my wife :laugh1:

I have no doubt by the time he's finished his TK it will be Centurion worthy. Other's should take note.  :duim:

No pressure Russell  ;)

EDIT: Crap forgot I wasn't on Russel's build thread, sorry Charles, no pressure sir  :salute:  :D

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

So.. much... pressure....

I know what folks mean when they say they stare at the box for a month before cutting anything. I swear I'll have updates here soon

lmfao Scott...we all completely understand.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally made those first cuts. Deep breaths and lexan scissors. I started with the forearms like many and I have my first question; the crl for centurion says "no return edge on inside of front of forearm" which means I can leave the return edges on the rear? My choice? Trooperbay vids say no return edges at all on ANH forearms so I thought I'd ask. I'd rather leave them as much as is comfy. Here are the edges I still have:

image_zpsoskojci8.jpg

Edited by charlesnarles

Keep the return edge on the elbow end and remove the return at the wrist. I found the forearms are just long enough so I wouldn't shorten them until you have fitted them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1