501st perks.

I dont want to sound entitled, far from it. The 501st and the FISD community has been awesome helping me out, simply being part of this family is honour enough. But I am curious if there are any perks for being a member. I understand that the 501st do a lot of events and showings for charity and the like, would I get to be a part of those gatherings? Again, don't want to sound entitled, this TK is happening either way, I'm just trying to understand the 501st better.

Christopher,

Here's where you should look to see some of the things that just FISD members alone are a part of: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/13-field-training-exercises/

Keep in mind that this link is only a small sampling of what we do on a regular basis. ;)

• Like 2

in my experience being a member... Yes!! you will part of the events from your local garrison and if you want you could be part of the events from near by garrisons. Also, you would have to opportunity to coordinate events as well.  I am a member of the Great Lakes Garrison and I attend events from the Ohio garrison some times. 

There are awesome perks - are you kidding me?

1. Being able to raise money for charity

2. Being able to raise money for charity in stormtrooper armor

3. Being able to raise money for charity in stormtrooper armor with friends 

4. Being able to raise money for charity in stormtrooper armor with friends and making kids happy

5. Being able to raise money for charity in stormtrooper armor with friends and making kids happy and sharing your hobby with people with the same interest

6. Being able to raise money for charity in stormtrooper armor with friends and making kids happy and sharing your hobby with people with the same interest and having fun doing it

7. Being able to raise money for charity in stormtrooper armor with friends and making kids happy and sharing your hobby with people with the same interest and having fun doing it and inspiring others to help others

What more could you ask?

• Like 20

There is also the sweet swag you can buy and also the occasional high profile troops or trooping with a celeb. But those are rare and it's the charity troops that leave a smile on your face long after they are done that makes this worthwhile.

I just want to cover the other other side of what some might refer to as "perks".

So far what we receive and are limited to are emotional perks. These have already been expressed with poetic precision(thank you Paul). As for physical perks ( gifts, free stuff) this should never be expected. Sometimes a host will be kind enough and insist that we stay for the rest of the game, or have something off the snack table, or grab a t shirt on your way out. These small scale gestures of appreciation are fine but should never be expected. Our rewards come from feelings we take home...... Not items

• Like 13

Gazmosis is right. I was just having a bit of fun referring to the bit of merchandise we make at the garrison, detachment, and legion level.

The true perks are the smiles and memories.

I joined because of the merch. 

And cos I always wanted to be a stromtrooper. 

But then when I joined I found out about the 'other' perks. Especially the one where you feel something special when you make kids (and adults) smile. 

NO amount of merch can buy that. :)

On 5/15/2015 at 7:12 AM, DarkTrooper said:

I got to be on Mythbusters because of my 501st membership!

------------

That's a lucky perk lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Outside of the obvious..... I personally enjoy meeting other members and interacting with like minded people that I would otherwise never get a chance to. And my absolute favorite is BBQ action at armor parties! Hanging with squad mates and new "soon to be" or members...... eating yummy hotdogs and burgers...... working on a project or helping/watching others work on projects. I love having this extended family in my life!  :lightemperor:

Edited by Barcode
  • Like 1