727A7BB8-487E-47F6-A0E8-37BBBA125D26_zps

D915A0AA-A351-4800-930F-664D96B0DCC5_zps

Thank you!

Best regards,

Ruben

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Crusader_6
  • Like 1

Nice build!  You could straighten out the ab and kidney pieces a bit with some more strapping, so they are level.  Your rank stripe also is in the middle of the bars, you could re-paint it over a bit to be on a bar.  If you could lengthen your shoulder connection, it could lower your chest piece some.  Very close to being too high over the ab.  All tiny things though- looks great overall! 

Edited by Tusken RTT

Nice Work Ru... congrats!!! I'll be seeing you in the expert level, well done and good luck!!

Thank you, Yess! I'm hoping for the best.

• Like 1

Nice build! You could straighten out the ab and kidney pieces a bit with some more strapping, so they are level. Your rank stripe also is in the middle of the bars, you could re-paint it over a bit to be on a bar. If you could lengthen your shoulder connection, it could lower your chest piece some. Very close to being too high over the ab. All tiny things though- looks great overall!

Thanks, for your observations and your time! What do you mean my rank stripe? What is it specifically that I need to reprint? Also, I've been struggling with getting the chest plate even on the ab edge. I'll work on it. Does these issues need to be addressed before I get an answer? Thanks!

For the ears, you should be ok for now, but Gaz made the same mention on mine that the rank bar should be painted on the raised bar rather than in between for Cent. When you say chest plate even on the ab ridge- I was meaning the chest plate could be hanging down over the ab piece a little more- it could slide under while trooping.

Hey there Ruben! Thank you for your application for EIB! Let's have a look at your armor!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted. As for the EIB requirements, there is one thing I cannot see and need confirmation of. Please post a picture of the straps on your shoulder bells that go around your biceps. If those are there, the badge is yours! If not, install that elastic, and the badge is yours!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section, I will discuss observations made bu your fellow troopers as well as my observations. Suggestions made here are to improve the overall look of your armor and will not affect any application. If they would, they would be stated in the sections above and below this one.

You have a good, clean overall build. I am not sure regarding Tusken (Scott)'s suggestion about the rank stripe. You have them positioned correctly.

Anyway, For your comfort, I would strongly suggest installing snaps to attach your belt to your ab. In one picture, your belt is falling way low. It should be positioned so that the top edge of the belt rests against or slightly overlaps the bottom of the button plates on your ab. I will touch more on this subject below in "Centurion Suggestions".

You have the strapping brackets installed on your chest and ab. Why your chest is lifting up I don;t know. Perhaps the straps that connect the brackets need to be shortened? I will touch on this, too, in the section below.

I don;t know if they can, but it would look soo much better if your thighs could be raised up about an inch. This might actually give you better mobility, too.

The sizes of your ab buttons is good. They are just a bit rough around the edges. You can clean this up by rounding them off with fresh paint, or massaging the edges with a paint brush slightly moistened with paint thinner or a tooth pick.

Centurion Suggestions:

Centurion applications require a much more detailed set of photos. I try my best cover these suggestions based on the photos provided here, but ultimately, the accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

It looks very much like you have Centurion in mind! You already have many of the specific details already installed. If you do apply, however, there are a few additional things you will need.

Rubber chemical gloves

Latex painted/ flexible handplates

Make sure all the return edge that curves into the wrist opening of the forearms are removed. This includes the square indent ridge.

A split rivet will need to be installed on the bottom of the cod. 

You will need to install an inward facing, male snap to the top, right corner of your ab.

I said I would touch further on your waist belt. For Centurion, I like to see the belt in its proper position. To keep the top edge against the bottom of the button plates and KEEP it there, snaps are suggested. This pic shows the typical snap location in the yellow circle. It also shows the proper position of the male snap in the upper right corner of the ab. post-12041-0-16520300-1431630701_thumb.jpg

You will need to install 6 split rivets to your left side on either side of the ab/kidney plate side seam like this:gallery_12157_16_598.jpg

I said I would mention your chest position one more time here. The proper position for your chest should be overlapping the ab even in the slightest bit. It should NOT be on top showing any gap. Adjusting that strap should be done to prevent that.

On you blaster, Your Hengstler counter is mounted a bit high. I'd like to see it lowered so it rests on the side of the receiver body like this:e1110.jpg

Lastly, If this can be done, it really should be for a proper look to your sides. I understand you need the extra plastic that the NE kits provides. Many do! Most however, do not need the extra that is left on the kidney. I see a little overlap on your sides. I'd like to have you suit up and have a helper really tighten your belt. If the extra part of the ab can touch the cut line of the kidney seen here:post-12041-0-44094800-1431631334_thumb.jpg Then that extra marked with re "x's" should be removed. Use the pic above for proper split rivet placements.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Post up that pic of your should strap for the bicep and that EIB badge is yours!

• Like 1

Thanks! I'll keep working on my armor. I appreciate your observations as I will start working on them right away...

Here is what you asked for: sorry I didn't post them before.

9BD53746-164D-4997-BA1E-28923E94B9F7_zps

44F0958A-3BF0-4CF6-8B80-33D6186AA498_zps

Edited by Crusader_6

Don't be sorry. It's is not a photo requirement. IT is just an aspect of your armor that needs to be installed and if it is not visible, I just need to verify it's there. Thank you and congratulations!!! 

• Like 1

Thank you very much !! I'm very happy today!! My first troop and I get my EIB badge!!! It's a great day to be in the 501st!!

Happy for you brother!

Thanks, Christian! I couldn't have done it without your mentorship and guidance!

Congratulations Ruben on getting the EIB badge :salute:

Thank you very much, T-Jay!! You played a very important role in my blaster build! I appreciated all the tips and observations you made to my E-11 build!