Measurements for armor

Would it be helpful when ordering armor to send in measurements to the makers? And if so, which measurements would be helpful? I've got a tape measure and someone to help me, so that's the hard part taken care of.

Measurements really only affect if you are getting someone to assemble armor for you as they would need a reference of your size to make sure it fits.  Most armor comes as a kit that needs to then be assembled to the users needed dimensions.  So unless they specifically state they need it or ask for it then it will most likely not be necessary.  Though you can always ask or just send them in anyway if you are worried.

Which armor are you ordering?  The reason is that some armors are designed for taller/wider troopers, (AM, etc.)

Probably going with the AM specifically for that reason.

Also, if you're in Davenport, I'm literally up the street from you. I'm just on the Kissimmee side of Poinciana.....

Edited by KellwolfB6

If you are going with AM 2.0, Steven, then measurements are not necessary.  Being of a slim/med. build, I ended up trimming quite a bit off of my AM, but easier to remove than to add!  If you decide to go with them, just PM me when you get it, and I can help you out with a few of the details. 

• Like 1

Probably going with the AM specifically for that reason.

Also, if you're in Davenport, I'm literally up the street from you. I'm just on the Kissimmee side of Poinciana.....

I lived in Davenport too, now Windermere.

I have AM 1.0 and I'm a skinny guy so I'm doing a lot of trimming but the armor is very nice

Edited by Joe.Gravelle

I agree, Joe, the armor is very nice.  I'm also on the thin side, and had to do some heat bending of the thighs to decrease the angle a bit.  Besides the trimming, it was a pretty straightforward build.  I will give you and Steven a little hint if I may...  Go to Lowe's and pick up some 3M Sandblaster Pro Ultra flexible sanding sheets, (220 grit).  This stuff is AMAZING.  You can bend it, shape it, roll it, and it is VERY hard to tear.  It is made from silicone instead of paper, comes in a 4 pack, and seems to last forever!  Put it this way, I used one sheet to complete my E-11 and armor build, and it is still in going strong.