Anovos ANH TK kit

I also ordered this kit and can't wait until it arrives. In the meantime I've been going through the forums to see what other items I'll need/want, but my wife won't let me get anything yet since the armor won't be here for a while!

• Like 1

Does anybody know any details about this armor? How would it compare to the Rubies armor?

Nobody has actually seen it in person, but hopefully better than rubies lol
  • Like 1

thats great news! I was starting to get worried. I thought I made a newbie mistake.

Yeah I wouldn't worry about it... from what I hear there are ways to customize the suits for us bigger fellows... oh and if I need to loose some weight to fit it properly... then looks like I got go on a diet and run a marathon to lose the weight.. just saying...lol

I ordered this armour from Anovos. I am a newb and this is my first build. I figured I might as well as order this or I would probably never be able to afford joining. I am more joining to volunteer and put some smile on some faces. I am an endomorph and when I asked the their support staff about the difference in sizes they said a fit for me shouldn't be a problem with the kit. If need be I can always lose about 20 lbs so I am not worried about it.

A lot of fun and work, when building yourself. Plus the savings ;-)

When bought complete, it possibly won't fit you the way it should and you would need to modify it.

Edited by Jek-14

• 4 weeks later...

Ive been pouring over alot of research from scout trooper to Kashyyyk and now seeing this Anovos as a potentially lower threshold for convincing the first bank of wife to approve the capital expendeture to get my foot in the door of this world called trooping!.

Here is a question about what i see being advertised on their site -

"This costume is designed to fit a person that is between 5 ft. 8 in to 6 ft. (1.7 to 1.8 meters) in height, with a mesomorphic body-type. Because the armor parts are designed at a specific single size like the original costumes, some trimming or shimming may be required depending on your body type, particularly if your outside of the range (either smaller or taller). The kit version of this costume allows for maximum customization"

In your experience, if a person is 3-4" shorter than that min height, what will be the most effective way to alter the or trim the armor? I would think that simply having a shorter torso exposed and an unaltered chest piece might look odd. Also I would think that the length of the thigh and calf pieces would need modifying as well, correct?

Nicholas

Nicholas, from what I understand here, there are a number of ways to shorten armor to fit you. A half-inch here, a quarter inch there. Some people have tall torsos and short legs, some have vice versa. It seems the key is repeated fitting and only taking off a bit at a time. You'll find the right balance of where to trim as you go. All the pieces can be trimmed, on both ends.

I've seen build threads with calves and forearms and thighs and biceps trimmed as needed here and there. Following the CRLs, and more importantly, not inferring a rule where there is none (11 dimples vs. 12 in a forearm, for example) is key to getting approved.

I really suggest you start reading build threads while you're waiting for the armor. They are really enlightening. I try to read a full thread every 2-3 days while I wait for mine. It's like taking a free class course in this stuff. FISD should really charge for access to build threads. ;)

501st-ers, please keep me honest here. Have I captured it correctly?

Bill

Edited by Astyanax

• 2 months later...

What is the difference between doing a build and ordering the finished armour?

Building it yourself is the fun part and appreciation you have for putting things you put together on your own not the mention the amount of money you will be saving... if you buy a complete.. it might not fit you correctly.. and it costs alot more.