HOWTO: Imperial Gasket tutorial

TK4205

Thanks for the great review guys. Glad you like them. I am adjusting my molds for the larger leg. If you have any trouble and want to trade, just let me know.

How about the branding, any problems there?

My next mold will have the branding around the arm where it meets the bicep, BUT, I don't want to scrap my current mold yet if I don't have to.

I haven't seen any so far. Seems that between the shoulder bells and the biceps, the branding stays pretty well hidden.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Are you now selling fabric gaskets?

The wife has taken over the sewing. Her sewing is better than mine.  you can get on her list at ImperialGaskets@gmail.com

You can get my list for rubber gaskets there as well.

• Like 1

Is that meterial fabric in that pic? What kinda of.fabric?

And for the price is it a set? knees, elbows, and shoulders, and neck??

Edited by TK-Sonic

The last pic, yes, those are fabric, called "Lame".

Kit includes shoulders, knees and arms.

I plan on offering matching neck seals once other kits are available.

Thank you Camp, for posting those. I hope I can keep up with demand. I've obtained the supplies to make more molds. I brought my degasser over the mountain today. It's a 200lb liposuction machine that I picked up used, real cheap.

• Like 2

Wyatt, out of curiosity, is there the possibility of alternate materials (ie silicon or something) for those with latex allergies, or is the fabric ones the only alternative you are currently able to provide?

No, just these ones. 

Unless you are using a platinum based silicone, or similar (like Dragonskin), it would be ten times more toxic than latex rubber, and ten times weaker that latex rubber.

My rubber gaskets are made to last for years. You just can't get that from anything else in a home shop.

For anyone that wants it, I can supply the MSDS (material safety data sheet) on all of my materials.

• 2 weeks later...

Any rubber cement or contact cement will work. If you have access to acetone, you can make your own out of your rubber scraps after trimming.

I am looking to buy a case of small tubes of Elmers rubber cement so I can include it in my kit. I realize that some troopers don't have access to things that others can easily obtain. Here, you can buy rubber cement pretty much anywhere.

Think this glue will work on the Anovos stock gaskets?

• 1 month later...