HOWTO: Imperial Gasket tutorial

TK4205

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just starting my Imperial Gaskets, this video helps a lot, but after they are assembled, how is every one connecting them to the armor? Same as the ANOVOS (with the straps and velcro)?

• 3 months later...

So since I needed to make new knee gaskets for my Flametrooper, I decided to document a bit how I like to assemble Imperial Gaskets. It's working well for me so maybe it will work for others.

STEP 1: Cut gaskets down to fit around legs. I usually cut it to be a tad snug, but not too much. It keeps them from folding too much while staying comfortable.

20160720_221408_zpsuuagm9ma.jpg

STEP 2: Use the cut off as a backing glue strip, gluing to one edge at a time. This gives really good contact and keeps the seam nice and tight. Just using a flat piece of latex doesn't do that as well because there are far less contact points. I use Elmer's rubber cement for this and it works great.

20160720_222128_zpstis6rop9.jpg

20160720_222131_zps0d0vlnkf.jpg

20160720_222438_zpsqvysg5mj.jpg

20160720_223343_zpsh2b82wr1.jpg

STEP 3: Create velcro tabs to attach to undersuit. I do this because it just hasn't worked out well to attach the gaskets to the armor. It pulls in weird ways and requires a bigger circumference in the gasket to stay properly anchored to the armor. This way the armor moves freely over the gasket and mobility is much better. For the tabs, I used to sew the velcro but then I found that the industrial sticky velcro sticks super well to the latex so no sewing required. I just use scrap latex as the tab and rubber cement it to the inside of the gasket.

20160720_224912_zpsuxxylgii.jpg

STEP 4: Plasti-dip the gasket and we're done! I initially started plasti-dipping these gaskets as a result of wear over time but found that I love the uniform darker sheen it gives the whole thing so now I periodically spray all my gaskets. I've been pretty happy with it!

20160721_060911_zpsiclwf1mj.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 years later...
  • 8 months later...
22 hours ago, 《忍者Ninja》 said:

How much is the gaskets 

This is quite an old thread and I believe you can only contact via Facebook, you could reach out to Rhonda Neeley Stephens