Question about making centurion and a THG E11 Blaster?

Geektechlive

Hi. I'm new here and I have ordered my Armor from Anovos. (I hope i didn't make a bad decision on the armor)

I am starting to research my blaster now and I am thinking of doing a Doopydoo but I heard if I wanted to go centurion a Doopy would not cut it? 

I came across this on Etsy.com for THG (i think thats the name) 

Link is here for the resin kit I found:

--------

would this work? I don't know where to start and Doopy Doo is out of stock right now.  :( 

Sorry in advance if I broke any rules by naming names or adding in the Link. I will remove this post if asked.

Any help would be great to help me get on the right track.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Doopy Doos is most certainly EIB and Centurion acceptable, as long as it is a complete kit.

I think you may be a little confused with a Hasbro blaster with a Doopy doo mod kit, which is too inaccurate due to the Hasbro tow shape.

THG make a rubber prop which is great in case you drop it.

The resin Blaster in the image looks fine to me.

• Like 1

Just keep in mind, whether or not something "works" is a two part equation.....#1, does the base kit contain all the necessary parts that are shaped/molded properly? #2, has that same kit been assembled and painted properly?

• Like 3

Just keep in mind, whether or not something "works" is a two part equation.....#1, does the base kit contain all the necessary parts that are shaped/molded properly? #2, has that same kit been assembled and painted properly?

Thanks for that. That is exactly why I am asking. I didn't want to start off with a kit that would not pass muster even if I may have spent time painting correctly and assembled it following multiple guides and help from my garrison. 

Hasbro is a no-go so It was down to Doopydoo and THG kit... I decide my path tomorrow... for tonight I sleep on it!

• Like 1

I love my THG E-11! They are made by fellow 501st members and certainly work for centurion. :duim:

Are both the resin and rubber okay for centurion? I'm leaning toward resin kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Either rubber or resin works for Centurion. The biggest difference between rubber vs resin is lightness and durability (rubber) vs sharpness of detail and feeling like you are holding the weight of an actual weapon (resin).

Because THG is made domestically (assuming you are in the U.S.) whereas DoopyDoos is a U.K. import, a THG kit might be easier to get.

• Like 1

Are both the resin and rubber okay for centurion? I'm leaning toward resin kit.

Yes. Exact same mold, just different material.

Contact Doopydoo and ask if E11 is available.

It was same for me. I contacted him and asked if E11 complete kit was in stock. He said yes, so I bought my kit from Doopydoo

Edited by tk6589