Combining ABS and HIPS

So i've been digging around and found myself a set of SDS (ABS) armor that excluded a helmet. I've also found a Ginos HIPS helmet for sale aswell, both of which look very appealing for what they are and what they're priced at. However, i must ask before i kick myself for taking the dive; Is it wise to mix an ABS suit with a HIPS Lid, or will the result come out looking as if it doesn't match?

The whites may not match up... But the original helmets were green and then painted white, with white ABS ears.

You could always paint the HIPS helmet to match your armor.

I believe you can also find helmet build threads here in which members have painted their helmets green and then added white over that in order to replicate the film prop.

I have ATA armor and a RT-MOD helmet.  They match reasonably well but there is a little difference.  Seeing that some of the helmets in the original movies didn't match with the armor as well it's all good.  Slight differences shouldn't matter.

The whites may not match up... But the original helmets were green and then painted white, with white ABS ears.

You could always paint the HIPS helmet to match your armor.

I believe you can also find helmet build threads here in which members have painted their helmets green and then added white over that in order to replicate the film prop.

FWIW, I spoke with Brian Muir at C7 and he said that information was not correct about them being originally green.

Anyway, I used to troop in HIPS armor (TE2) with RT shins, and just painted the shins to match.  Currently I have ATA with RT shins.  Yes, they don't match, but for the most part it's not noticeable.

FWIW, I spoke with Brian Muir at C7 and he said that information was not correct about them being originally green.

Anyway, I used to troop in HIPS armor (TE2) with RT shins, and just painted the shins to match.  Currently I have ATA with RT shins.  Yes, they don't match, but for the most part it's not noticeable.

what, not green? which colour? 

I think Brian was referring to the prototype made in the studio. Not the actual helmets made by AA used in the movie.

See middle:

proto.jpg

TK-Prototype.jpg