Pipers poor man build

Flyinpiper

I started this project while waiting for my armor to arrive. Took the ideas form the poor man builds here in the forum. Threw in a few of my own. Wanted to see what I could come up with in a day with local parts and pieces. It is turning out better than I expected, been having a blast (pun intended) doing it. The base is an ebay build a blaster, $15. I took various sizes of pvc, used a plastic rake for the t-tracks, aluminum flashlight for the bolt handle (going to replace it with a shorter, stubbier one). Turned a few of the PVC pieces on a wood lathe. I made the bi-pod out of an old light ski pole.

I used bondo to fill in the butt stock, the toy one was flat, rounded it out. Have a few more things to ad to it. I painted it with plastic satin black spray, and started weathering it using silver acrylic, and the "dry brush technique".

Project is on hold because my armor came today!

post-23175-0-98156400-1430887033_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flyinpiper
  • Like 1

looks really good! I am glad that the build a blaster worked out for this project. I think is the closest thing in a budget! :jc_doublethumbup:.Also, ig you have an action camera this weapon is awesome to catch all troops from an angle where you can see whats gong on. 

Edited by TKedt

I started this project while waiting for my armor to arrive. Took the ideas form the poor man builds here in the forum. Threw in a few of my own. Wanted to see what I could come up with in a day with local parts and pieces. It is turning out better than I expected, been having a blast (pun intended) doing it. The base is an ebay build a blaster, $15. I took various sizes of pvc, used a plastic rake for the t-tracks, aluminum flashlight for the bolt handle (going to replace it with a shorter, stubbier one). Turned a few of the PVC pieces on a wood lathe. I made the bi-pod out of an old light ski pole.

I used bondo to fill in the butt stock, the toy one was flat, rounded it out. Have a few more things to ad to it. I painted it with plastic satin black spray, and started weathering it using silver acrylic, and the "dry brush technique".

Project is on hold because my armor came today!

hey Brett did you kept 1" barrel or you modified it?

Nice!  On the plus, not only the pride you made it yourself, but also you'll always be able to pick yours out in a crowd.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Brett, what size holes did you drill in the barrel shroud for vent holes? I know that most people use 1/2", but I was thinking about going with 9/16", because the 1-1/4" I.D. PVC is a little bit wider in diameter than the actual MG34, and I was thinking this might help it look a little more proportional.

What do you think? Good idea, bad idea? :)

Thanks!

Bill