When it rains, it pours...

SofusSnake

I just learned today (well, technically yesterday) that due to some overlooked and really unfortunate muck-up, I am in a bit of trouble, money-wise.
It's not any serious trouble though, like health-wise stuff or legal issues, phew! That would REALLY suck.

It's just one of those unforeseen "all my money has to go elsewhere than towards fun stuff"-deals that, I guess, is called "adulthood."

But as you may understand, "disappointed" doesn't even begin to cover it, and I will probably not be able to build a TK, let alone buy a kit, any time this year.

I was hoping to perhaps save up some cash for the project from the yearly vacation money my job pays us in the beginning of june, but now it seems like the entire month's pay plus the extra money is going bye-bye.

A bit of a bummer, i might say. (All right, that's an understatement, it's horribly depressing, to be honest.)

I was really looking forward to having a new hobby, but I guess I will have to join you guys in on the fun some time in the future instead.
Thankfully I did not order the Sterling airsoft gun I was thinking about buying the other day, for my "Waiting for the Big Brown Box edition Blazing Blaster Build" project.

Really dodged that bullet, huh? 
All work and no play from now on, I guess.

Just thought I'd share this with you, my fellow Imperials, to let out some frustration and let you guys know.

Not sure if i will remain very active here or not, my morale and mood is pretty bad right now, and I'm not sure if
hanging about looking at awesome stuff I can't really do myself will help on my already crappy mood.

But just in case I take a really long break, I just wanted to say that it's been fun reading up on building and fixing and tweaking- and getting to know some of you just a teeny tiny bit.

Hopefully I will come back stronger, and perhaps even more prepared, at a later time. 

You have been most helpful and welcoming, this truly is a wonderful detachment.

Thank you. :salute:

- Sindre

Edited by SofusSnake

You could always make a snowball list.

Write down all the tools, supplies and kit expenses you will have. Put it on a wipe board and label it TK Academy, or something like that.

Assign a cost to each line item and over budget by 5%.

Put a coffee can, empty 2 litre, etc. Near the board and drop your spare change in it.

Every 4-6 weeks, count up the savings and try to make that first small purchase. Rinse and repeat until you have the whole dream list completed.

Good luck.

• Like 2

This.

Brandon is exactly right.  I had a financial issue about 4 months after buying and building my original armor.  I figured it would be at least a year before I would be able to afford another set of armor.  About 30 days after selling my armor, I was walking into my bedroom to change clothes -- as usual, I took all of the spare change I always had at the bottom of my pants pocket every day.  After I thought about it, I counted up what I had in my change bowl and realized that in about 60 days I had almost $150!  Fast forward 4 months and I had my second armor, bought, built and DONE!

To this day I still get called 'Captain Couch Cushion' by the guys that know me in my Squad.

You have your priorities right - 'Fiscal Responsibility over Fantasy Fun' - you'll have it before you know it.  Good luck and don't be a stranger!

...Put a coffee can, empty 2 litre, etc. Near the board and drop your spare change in it.
Every 4-6 weeks, count up the savings and try to make that first small purchase. Rinse and repeat until you have the whole dream list completed.

• Like 2

It took me a whole year of saving and waiting till i finally had enough to buy my armor.

This hobbie is not going anywhere...so save when you can and don't worry.

Somtimes waiting longer and looking on FISD makes the wait more worth it.

I can't tell you how excited i was when in finally got my armor! :dancing-trooper:

Hope everything works out for you!