68Brick's AP Armor Build ... Shooting for Expert Infantryman or Centurion

It was recommended to me that I lengthen my bicep straps.

Below are 2 pics showing the lengthened straps; one using the bicep hook, and one not using the hook. Which looks best?

Using the hook...

IMG_3094_zpssxokvkr3.jpg

Not using the hook...

IMG_3102_zpsddxdragu.jpg

And my current setup...

IMG_3105_zpsigt10bi6.jpg

So I ended up removing the hooks and adding a foam shim in each bicep to keep them sitting straight. I'm happy with them now & I have officially applied to the 501st. :lol:

IMG_3126_zpsbvrkdz2d.jpg

IMG_3136_zpswtgssof2.jpg

IMG_3127_zpsisktjqfl.jpg

IMG_3132_zpsqamslynp.jpg

I put some time into the travel case this weekend. Everything fits but the bucket. Once I know my TK number I'll order one of those fancy helmet bags.

IMG_3160_zpsnpvq9v3a.jpg

So I spent some time with my TD and ground off the bolts I used so I could remount the clips. There are some battle scars, but now they're in the right place. ;)

IMG_3172_zpsmhrtgjcp.jpg

IMG_3170_zpswv9vtmwv.jpg

IMG_3171_zps7l476dfx.jpg

Edited by 68Brick

• 1 month later...

So, it's time that I follow up on my own build page. I had to revise a few things to make Expert Infantryman and Centurion (awaiting approval :) , fingers crossed), so I thought I'd catalog them here.

• Reduced the gap between my back and kidney plates.
  • Revised the shape of the cutout in my holster.
  • Reduced the gap between my shoulder bells and the shoulder straps.
  • Blend (with abs paste) my kidney shims.
  • Redo my shin cover strips on the front as mine were undersized.
  • Add straps between my forearms and biceps to correct fitment issues

Great advice & direction was provided by the review team and others already approved. I appreciate it and I thank you. My armor looks killer.

Below are some pics of the revisions...

IMG_3428_zpszznee4dt.jpg

IMG_3434_zpsfmtbk9eo.jpg

IMG_3436_zpsgtfsmsz3.jpg

IMG_3437_zpse3aewiix.jpg

IMG_3370_zpsnkzvsggw.jpg

IMG_3317_zpstgorwzwz.jpg

Thanks for all the Help folks! And thanks for viewing my post!  :smiley-sw013:

Edited by 68Brick
  • Like 1

Thanks Everyone! I've got to thank all the members of this FISD forum and the Canadian Garrison who gave me great critiques, guidance, support and direction through my build and revisions. I couldn't have done it without you! The FISD site and it's members have been an amazing resource, and I hope I can help new recruits in the future as I have been helped.

I've also got to thank all the FISD & Canadian Garrison suppliers from whom I purchased some of my kit from. All the items I purchased were top notch :duim:  and greatly helped in my overall appearance, fitment, and approval. They're listed in my Expert Infantryman and Centurion posts, but I'm going to list them here because they deserve the credit.

Armor & Helmet Maker: AP

Blaster Maker: Dday (Phoenix Props) Kit

Boots = TK Boots (Size 11)
Canvas belt = TKittell
Hand Plates = Trooperbay
Electronics = TK Products & Skyminer
Neck Seal = Darman
Holster = AP

Thigh Garter = Pencap510

Mic Tips = Keith

Helmet Fans = Evilboy

TD Clips = Evilboy

S-Trim = Trooperbay

Inner Drop Boxes = KW Designs

Hard Hat Liner = Trooperbay

One person I REALLY have to thank is my very understanding & supportive wife. I am very lucky to have a spouse that OK'd such a somewhat odd and expensive hobby; not to mention all the hours I've spent over the past year in my basement making plastic spaceman parts, coming to bed smelling like E6000 and ABS (dust), and requesting countless armor fittings and pictures (we've taken 624 pics to date!). It's been a long journey and we're both very proud of the awesome piece of Stormtrooper armor we've created/assembled. It was by dumb luck that I was able to capture both Expert Infantryman #500 and Centurion #200. Surprised and Honored to say the least. Anyways, after texting my wife that I'd been approved as #200, I returned home from work to this...

IMG_3439_zpsrjh63owj.jpg

Sometimes life is just too damn good. Thank you all and keep up the good work you are already doing! I feel very proud to be part of the 501st, the FISD group, and the select few of EI's and Centurions!
:duim::smiley-sw013:

• Like 2