68Brick's AP Armor Build ... Shooting for Expert Infantryman or Centurion

Hi All,

I've felt inspired to share some pictures of my progress since receiving my big brown box. The excellent build threads (and EIB & Centurion Submission photos) here have given me great direction in my build. Thank you all!

Got excited and put it all on with blue tape (nothing trimmed to size). This pic makes me smile. :)

IMG_0670_zpsory4ttaq.jpg

• Like 1

TK boots from TK Boots! Comfortable and stylish.

IMG_0762_zps5oleczrb.jpg

Edited by 68Brick

Dday E11 Aluminum Pipe Kit mostly assembled and painted.

IMG_0766_zpsiof92o4y.jpg

Edited by 68Brick

Achievement Unlocked. E6000 Used to glue pieces of armor together.

Starting to glue. Biceps first. Inside strips first. Confidence gaining.

IMG_0793_zpstbuuklwr.jpg

Thermal Detonator painted and assembled. It may not pass for level 3 501st approval due to the placement of the clips. Centurion should still be attainable.

IMG_0794_zpss3xvb9bz.jpgIMG_0795_zpstigf35s1.jpg

Great job so far, Brad!  Perfect bends on the TD clips, but I would suggest moving them closer to the caps.  The CRLs state for Centurion that there should be "Little or no gap" between the clips and the end caps.  (Glad to hear you are shooting for the top level)!  I am envious as hell of your E-11... fantastic attention to detail!!!

A bit of both. At the top of the shin, the sides have a strong return edge, the back never had one, and the front was inconsistent from one half to the other (one had a very small return and the other was trimmed right down). I trimmed the one side to make them match.

Looking great so far, think you should consider shooting for Centurion, as your build is very tidy.

It is easier to aim for the top as you go, so you wont have to go back and modify things a a later date.

Good luck with the rest of your build :duim:

• 2 weeks later...

Took the heat gun to the AP Sniper Knee Plate. It was looking ugly to fit, but I think I made the best of it. We'll see when the E6000 Dries. Hopefully I put enough!

IMG_0884_zpskq7y7qsn.jpg

IMG_0885_zpslokpuf6g.jpg

IMG_0886_zpsndga6di3.jpg