Piper's Package of Plastic Parts arrived! First RT Mod build :)

The big brown box of joy and happiness arrived today! Even played hookey to come home and get started.

I have just about everything else either here or on the way, even have an almost completed dlt-19 ready to go.

Starting today, I will be posting pics as I go. I have a feeling there will be no sleep this weekend. Thanks to all for being so welcoming and with all the help so far. I have all ready met tons of very generous, helpful and patient people. Can't wait to get my Tk number, and submit pics to be a full member.

Years ago I used to "troop" with a Star Trek group, loved charities and events, I have no doubt I will love this even more. Can't wait to start troopin'.

post-23175-0-23685800-1430854632_thumb.jpg

Edited by Flyinpiper
  • Like 1

Nice - RT is good stuff.  It will be great to track your build as you get to 501st acceptance, esp. being your GML and all. :)

Actually finished the build today. Still waiting for the sniper knee and the ab button plates. Here are a few more pics of the build. I will take some more tomorrow wearing it so i can get some input on things i might need to tweek.

Here is my detonator and home made clips:

16813899974_9149c1ffe5_z.jpg

Here is how i made my hand plates. Will get the soft ones soon. :

17248843860_04dbdeb271_z.jpg

Here are the finished pieces with strapping added. I decided to go with industrial velcrow on the sides because I am power dieting. Lost 5.5 pounds this week alone. Have about twenty more to go, so I needed a system that was really adjustable. Tried it on several times today, works great. Right now i have about an inch gap on each side. With the loss the seams should be perfectly flush.

17250564269_d7bd7df6b7_z.jpg

Another look at the velcrow placement.

17434442082_17df25de41_z.jpg

I actually started this just last thursday. Took a couple days off work to do this, having way too much fun. I really like the RT-mod kit i have. I was lucky enough to get it already trimmed, and the helmet put together by RT. So it made building a snap. I spent a week studying builds before it got here, had all of my tools laid out, webbing and snaps pre-made. Actually going to be bummed after the tweaking is done. Might just need to start another costume, but i know this will be my favorite. i have always wanted to be a stromtrooper. Hardly a more iconic image to take us back to SW4. Really looking forward to getting the last two pieces Paul, and submit my pics for membership. Again, tomorrow I will put it all on and solicit advice on adjustments. SInce it is an RT, I did use the overlap construction, so i won't be able to apply for centurion, but I do plan on submitting for expert infantry when the teaking is finished. I did also finish my scratch DLT tonight, pics will be posted of that tomorrow also.

Edited by Flyinpiper

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT!? Done already, I'm confused did this thing come partially assembled? I was looking forward to an actual build. Great job and looking RS BTW  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Edited by ukswrath

The helmet was pre-assembled, and the armor was pre-trimmed, which made it easy to put together. Took about a week. Then another couple days of adjusting and tweaking. I had a blast building it. I am hoping it holds together for my first troop! Thanks for the kind words Tony. :)

The helmet was pre-assembled, and the armor was pre-trimmed, which made it easy to put together. Took about a week. Then another couple days of adjusting and tweaking. I had a blast building it. I am hoping it holds together for my first troop! Thanks for the kind words Tony. :)

That's awesome Brett, so jealous...lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I'm brand new to trooping and I was wondering where you ordered your big brown box from??

Here ya go

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/