Helmet Vision

I have been doing some research here on the forums and I am trying to find out what the eyesight is like when wearing a trooper helmet.  I have a visual impairment, blind in one eye and I have to wear corrective eye wear (glasses or contact lens) to have suitable vision in my good eye.  I notice there is a certain amount of tint in the troopers helmet and I am wondering if there is alterations allowed to that for people with vision issues or if there is certain grades of tint that are more recommended than others. Also curious how comfortable it is wearing glasses.  I would love to hear from others who may have vision issues when it comes to the helmets.

Not sure about the corrective eyewear issues. I've seen troopers use sports prescription glasses or affix extra glasses inside the helmet. What I can definitely tell you is that if anyone shorter than 3 feet tall gets closer than 2 feet away from you, you will not be able to see them.

• Like 1

Hmmmm...honestly you see green, but that is not really the biggest issue. If you have contacts on, seeing through the green lens isn't that big of an issue.

Its still like seeing through sunglasses in relation to the lens view.

as far as range of vision, thats a whole other issue. You really have to move your head around to actually get a full range of motion to look around.

But your question here lies with wearing corrected eye wear. Contacts i have stated are good to go, personally that is the way i have to go; but as far as actual glasses those have problems. You can may try to get creative to wear them, but there is not that much space in there to get your head through with the glasses on and then let alone wear them inside the bucket.

You shouldn't have any issue as long as you have your contacts on. There are a lot of troopers in your area. Ask you local garrison to see if you can meet with them and try on one of their buckets.

Hope this helps.

Not sure about the corrective eyewear issues. I've seen troopers use sports prescription glasses or affix extra glasses inside the helmet. What I can definitely tell you is that if anyone shorter than 3 feet tall gets closer than 2 feet away from you, you will not be able to see them.

True what Clint says ... Any small-ish child gets within a few feet of you, you wont see and is why most Troopers have "Handlers" .. My wife ( who was my handler this past weekend ) did a lot of "subtlety" getting my attention to direct me towards a child that i could not see.

Another point is .. You can see more when you ONLY have your helmet on ... once you put your chest plate on .. the range of motion you head has changes.