Another Death Trooper build...

So, a little over a year ago I invested in an NE kit.  It arrived in it's large brown box and I was immediately overwhelmed, as the only full costume I had built prior was an ANH Tusken Raider.  I had assembled some parts, started on strapping/snaps and put the helmet together only to place everything back into the box it shipped in.  Fast forward to November/December 2014 when I decided to start converting it into a Death Trooper.  The book was one of my favorites from the EU, I'm a horror enthusiast and I LOVE weathering things, so I figured this would go from an intimidating project into a fun one.  I am nearing completion of this, but I thought I would share some pictures.

IMG_2979_zpsayflrtps.jpg

Most of the body (still need to match the boots a bit more).  I am very happy with how the weathering turned out on this.  I've seen photos from conventions that people have taken of Death Troopers, not realizing they are a "zombie" and referred to them as "beat up" or "deafeated".  I tried my best to convey the "dead" look, so people are less confused.

IMG_2977_zps6rr6rc1a.jpg

A close up of the chest.  I had laid some browns and grays down for the initial weathering and went over everything with a grimy yellow.

IMG_2974_zpsnqv7o7uw.jpg

A detail shot of the weathering on the legs.

IMG_2545_zpsbmfgaz7l.jpg

And finally a close up shot of the helmet.  This was taken a week or two ago and I have since touched up the weathering and given it a matching wash of yellow grime to match the rest of the armor.  

I still have to assemble the belt, do some final sizing on the legs and get everything strapped up.

Thanks for looking.

I know I've said this about your kit a million times already, but damn, that is too good. Would you by any chance be planning on bringing this to Granitecon this September? 

Thanks so much dude, this has definitely been a fun project so far.  Assuming I get this finished up and approved by September, I will absolutely have it at GraniteCon!

Sweet. Post a full body pic with you wearing it. 

I will soon.  My right knee had a run in with a hedge trimmer the other day, so my mobility is a bit non existent on my leg and is hindering fitting the armor to get it strapped together.  

I will soon.  My right knee had a run in with a hedge trimmer the other day, so my mobility is a bit non existent on my leg and is hindering fitting the armor to get it strapped together.  

Ouch. No bueno! Heal up mate. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...