AM or ATA

Ok so I have been doing research on what armor would be the best one for me to go with price wise. I have narrowed it down to either AM or the ATA armor.  Which one would be better for me as a bigger guy (I'm 6 4 and about 230) and which one is the best overall for ANH hero armor.

Cheers,

Skyler

(Sarhanle)

ATA would be a stretch for you. I'm 6'2" and about 200 and my T/MC kit which is similar to ATA is beyond its limits for what looks proper. If you go ATA expect gaps at the knees, elbows, shoulder/bicep, back/kidney, etc... You'll also likely need shims depending on your waist size. Check my thread in the ANH section for an idea what you might be up against.

Ok so I have been doing research on what armor would be the best one for me to go with price wise. I have narrowed it down to either AM or the ATA armor. Which one would be better for me as a bigger guy (I'm 6 4 and about 230) and which one is the best overall for ANH hero armor.

Cheers,

Skyler

(Sarhanle)

I'm about your hight/weight and I've got. me an AM. It fits really good, the Back Parts are in deed a bit too long for me so I had to Cut them a bit to size!

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

If you e-mail both of them they'll give you the dimensions of their armor and any information you will need. You might have to shim either way, as I will with AM 2.0, but AM will fir you a lot better. It's not so much which armor is better, it's more of a which armor is better for you. In my non-professional opinion, I would go with AM2.0. You'll get that one sooner as well.

http://www.anovos.com/collections/the-imperial-collection/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-imperial-stormtrooper-pre-order

For $350.00 U.S., You can get a Anovos Stormtrooper armor and kit. The kit price will jump after 11:59 p.m. tonight!!!!

Andy

The ideal size for that kit is 5'8" to 6'.

I recommend ATA to 90% + of everyone... but I'd say do AM.

Get a helmet from ATA or TM though.

Yes Skyler, and the AM2.0 will probably fit better and you'll get it sooner for sure, but you won't be able to get centurion like Bluey here because of the back plate... If that's something you plan on working for.

Bluey,

Why no AM helmet? Usually the problem I see often is the ears seem to come out a bit more than all other makers, and it's overall a little bit bigger. What else is there?

I had an update from TG last week concerning my order of a set of AM 2.0 armor, I want to go for Centurion straight out of the box.

The backplate is Centurion level and they have redone the chest piece to Centurion standard also :)

Skyler, I am about your size and opted for the AM 2.0 set to avoid as much shimming as possible.

• Like 1

Bluey,

Why no AM helmet? Usually the problem I see often is the ears seem to come out a bit more than all other makers, and it's overall a little bit bigger. What else is there?

I just love ATA helmets... that's all. :D