Captain Phasma

Squeaky

On 5/5/2015 at 1:20 AM, Squeaky said:

confirmed as being portrayed by Gwendoline Christie who is 6'3".

She won't be able to protect her troopers any better than she did all the Starks I"m sure!

It will be cool that it's a fully setup costume that is a soldier, and not a "female" soldier.

Looks to be very similar to the TK7's with changes to the helmet and some minor differences here and there, but pretty cool all around.

• Like 6

It will be cool that it's a fully setup costume that is a soldier, and not a "female" soldier.

I agree! I am so stoked that this is a female character, and I hope a good (and relatively inexpensive) kit comes out because this is on my list of costumes now!

• Like 1

Anyone care to do a point-by-point comparison with the standard TFA stormtrooper armor? This is clearly more than just a chromed-up TFA trooper sporting a cape.

All I've noticed so far are:

• Bucket (All around)
  • Cape (I wish this had been in the SWCA Exhibit...)
  • Gloves (Fingers)
  • Cod ('Dimples')
  • Knees (Oops?)
  • Shin Guards/Spats?
  • Boots (They match the Chrome quite well...)

My wife wants to Chrome her TFA kit and make the Mods... But I wonder what it would cost to Chrome, and how soon an accurate Bucket will be available....

- Berbs

Edited by Berbs42
  • Like 2

The auto painter who painted my TFA trooper said he could pretty easily do a chromed TFA. No idea how much it would cost, though.

• Like 1

All I've noticed so far are:

• Bucket (All around)
  • Cape (I wish this had been in the SWCA Exhibit...)
  • Gloves (Fingers)
  • Cod ('Dimples')
  • Knees (Oops?)
  • Shin Guards/Spats?
  • Boots (They match the Chrome quite well...)

My wife wants to Chrome her TFA kit and make the Mods... But I wonder what it would cost to Chrome, and how soon an accurate Bucket will be available....

- Berbs

Chrome rattle cans for the cheap way.

• Like 2

It has been my plan to do this character... though I'm only 5/10/11 not 6/3 ... but I've been watching some of the differences in the images and some of the details can be confused with reflection (i.e. cod dimples = parapets?).

Need more images!! But build in the works, and probably automotive chrome ftw.

• Like 3

LoL...  This is one of the only costumes in the Star Wars Universe (and perhaps Kylo Ren - Yay!) that I'm just about the proper height for.  

Typically, I'm a bit too tall for a Trooper, and a bit too short for a Sith Lord.

This one though...  What's a girl to do?  LoL

• Like 3

We don't even know if her lid will come off... I'm sure it will, but really, who cares? We keep our lids on in public (mostly) anyway. 

True statement, but I have a feeling we will have her with helmet off at some point.

OT we never had helmets off as the troopers were meant to be anonymous (my opinion) but Phasma is something we never really had in the OT, a hero trooper, a leader.

Most likely the CRL/approval will have her as a fully helmeted character.

• Like 1

LoL...  This is one of the only costumes in the Star Wars Universe (and perhaps Kylo Ren - Yay!) that I'm just about the proper height for.  

Typically, I'm a bit too tall for a Trooper, and a bit too short for a Sith Lord.

This one though...  What's a girl to do?  LoL

Does it seem like Phasma is wearing the same scale pieces as the troopers or bigger? It seems the gaps between pieces are larger.

• Like 1

Does it seem like Phasma is wearing the same scale pieces as the troopers or bigger? It seems the gaps between pieces are larger.

It does seem that way to me, too - besides the totally different boots/ankles.  

I'm assuming that the armor was, for the most part, built in standard "one-size fits-all" fashion and she's taller than the parameters for it.  More than likely, the shins were difficult to fit and so the new boot/ankle armor was born - pure speculation, of course.  I don't know anything secret like.

• Like 2

LoL... This is one of the only costumes in the Star Wars Universe (and perhaps Kylo Ren - Yay!) that I'm just about the proper height for.

Typically, I'm a bit too tall for a Trooper

Height is good, at 6'4" it's nice to see a 'real' sized character in Ep7 that I can copy. It will be interesting to see if all Captains wear chrome, or if she is unique.

From the pics I have seen so far, this character is the one that seems to have more of a Vader factor than any other.

• Like 1

But it is a bit different when a guy does it

Wait what? :P

Sadly it seems this is true. Guys are encouraging when it comes to females donning the original TK armor but I've yet to see/hear about a male in Legacy Trooper armor.

Either way, do it! :D It's a striking costume and I have hope that the character will be the furthest thing from the bumbling Stromtroopers from Rebels. :D

Wait what? :P

Sadly it seems this is true. Guys are encouraging when it comes to females donning the original TK armor but I've yet to see/hear about a male in Legacy Trooper armor.

Either way, do it! :D It's a striking costume and I have hope that the character will be the furthest thing from the bumbling Stromtroopers from Rebels. :D

I think the biggest difference that if a guy wears the legacy female suit it's cross dressing.

Girls in guys clothes are ok in todays socitey. Guys in girls clothes is not the social norm and on the fringes.

I think the difference is the Phasma armor is not male or female, just like the rest of the armor. It simply is armor, designed to be functional (ish) regardless to the shape of the body under it.

I'd wear Phasma.

I think getting it chrome plated would be a nightmare on the pocket book considering how expensive it is to plate just a helmet.

• Like 4