Classic Stormtrooper helmet spotted in TFA?

Interesting find!

Checked the aurebesh alphabet to see what's written on this helmet, but couldn't identify the letters...

**edited**

I just realized my reply here was totally in the wrong thread :lol:

Edited by svache
coz I'm an idiot lol

Interesting find!

Checked the aurebesh alphabet to see what's written on this helmet, but couldn't identify the letters...

Someone on the RPF thinks it spells FEAR, which looks like a pretty good match.

Ouuf6R5.png

Edited by Agent RayBans
  • Like 2

What a spot. Hiding in plain sight, hmmm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

From the caption:

"Galactic travelers, smugglers, and other assorted riffraff fill the main hall of pirate Maz Kanata’s castle."

My guess is a former Stormtrooper now gone freelance.

I love the idea that old imperial uniforms, ships, weapons etc. are still being used. It makes more sense for cast offs to be re-purposd.
Though, by this logic, Dengar should have been wearing clone armour parts, not snowtrooper.

(I might be slightly over analysing)

I'm in with the school of thought that it is simply a case of a smuggler/BH/pirate type using some old school equipment that he or she may have taken by force, found laying around, or just picked up in their travels.  It does not appear that the individual is wearing a full suit of armor, merely a TX looking bucket with some sort of chest box attached via a hose.

I've seen the image captured in high res, and blown up considerably, the Aurebesh on the forehead does indeed spell the word FEAR.

From a standard Star Wars sort of approach, and knowing how JJ has wanted to handle this film from day one (capture the feel of the OT as much as possible, to include the "lived-in/used" universe) it makes perfect sense that we'll see plenty of remnants of the First Galactic Empire as we move forward.  Not sure if everyone else has seen it or not (though I'm sure many have) looking at Rey's "goggles" they certainly appear to be the lens area of a TK bucket, cut out and used as goggles.  Look at the business that is done by military surplus stores here in our galaxy...  makes sense that the galaxy far, far away would have similar needs.

I'm loving everything that we've seen so far, and my excitement just grows every time something new like this pops up!

• 2 weeks later...

Unless Kasden has seriously slipped his gears it should be alright so far as script goes.