Question about Hytektoyz Voice changer & Mic placement

Hey guys, I will receive my armor the day after tomorrow and adding the voice changer to the helmet is really something I am looking forward to.

I understand that this Hytchtoyz kit is worth it, at least for the price, but the speaker isn't the best in terms of quality and placement. I am then considering buying the GHovic Mic from the member Ukswrath.

I have limited knowledge of electronics, would you think this modification would be easily done ? Would you recommend it ?

Thanks in advance guys

Tibo, I am setting up electronics for my incoming armor (ready to wear, because I am not good in manual works).

However, with my few knowledge of electronics, I guess I will opt for the iComm + Aker to have more quality, volume and static noise (to be put under the chestplate), a mic attached with velcro inside the helmet with the cable connected to a "input-input" adaptor for mini-jack (attached with velcro inside the helmet): in this way I will have the jack cable from iComm to be attached to the second input of the adaptor inside the helmet. 

Another solution that I am evaluating (but I am not sure about it because of battery consumption, among the others) is to place a bluetooth receive in the helmet connected to the mic, and a bluetooth receiver under the chest, connected to iComm. However, I don't know if the receiver-transmitter can transmit the mic signal without a mic amplifier in the middle.

That's my idea.

Edited by helluin75
  • Like 1

I read almost everything here, so I guess my "idea" is simply a cut and paste of what I saw on FISD. My basic wired setup, however, should work, I just added the "input-input" adaptor to avoid falling cables from the helmet.

As for me, Hytech seems problematic due to the fact that the speaker is inside the helmet (i.e. feedback issues/low volume).

RomFX seems the best one, but it comes without box, so i need to pass due to my lack of knowledge in manual works on ABS/stuffs.

iComm is the second best, but it is boxed and velcro is the king ;) Just in case, if i need to weld some audio cables is not a problem (my only skill...)

• Like 1

RomFX seems the best one, but it comes without box, so i need to pass due to my lack of knowledge in manual works on ABS/stuffs.

You don't need a box for it. It's quite well protected in the thick shrink wrap it comes in. Almost no one I know with a rom/fx has made boxes for it.
  • Like 1

Between a Hytechtoys and the iComm, which one would you guys recommend ? (RomFX being out of my budget for now)

I already plan to upgrade with Hovic speakers from Ukwarth whatever kit I buy.

Thank in advance for your help

As for me, Hytech seems problematic due to the fact that the speaker is inside the helmet (i.e. feedback issues/low volume).

iComm is the second best, but it is boxed and velcro is the king ;) Just in case, if i need to weld some audio cables is not a problem (my only skill...)

The HHT is problematic because the speaker is inside the helmet. They used to sell it with speakers in the Hovi tips but the tips were not CRL accurate and not very powerful. Heck I don't even know if they still sell the tip speakers anymore. Anyway mine are better haha

Echoing what Mathias said, the ROM/FX doesn't need a box, it's shrink wrapped. Just attach industrial velcro to it and your helmet and you're good to go.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

Between a Hytechtoys and the iComm, which one would you guys recommend ? (RomFX being out of my budget for now)

I already plan to upgrade with Hovic speakers from Ukwarth whatever kit I buy.

Thank in advance for your help

Well If you're interested in my Hovi tips with speakers unless you plan on rewiring the iComm you only have one choice which is HTT. Though I'm not a huge fan, at the time it's the only system between these two that you can plug in my speakers and go. Also, when your ready to upgrade to the ROM/FX you're already set. 

• Like 1

I think you should hold off and save up more money until the rom/fx is in your budget. Anything else is just delaying yourself.
  • Like 1

I think you should hold off and save up more money until the rom/fx is in your budget. Anything else is just delaying yourself.

Thanks Locitus, I am really thinking about it..

I have contacted RomFX for a shipping quotation and see if they can declare a low value on the package to help me avoid the customs.

Otherwise, as a plan B, anyone knows where I can get the Hytechtoyz version ? The link on eBay does not shop to Thailand and I just cannot find any other on the web. Hytechtoyz official page isn't available.

Thank you guys for your help

Thanks Locitus, I am really thinking about it..

I have contacted RomFX for a shipping quotation and see if they can declare a low value on the package to help me avoid the customs.

Otherwise, as a plan B, anyone knows where I can get the Hytechtoyz version ? The link on eBay does not shop to Thailand and I just cannot find any other on the web. Hytechtoyz official page isn't available.

Thank you guys for your help

Let me check Tibo I still have mine. I'll get back with you later today

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well If you're interested in my Hovi tips with speakers unless you plan on rewiring the iComm you only have one choice which is HTT. Though I'm not a huge fan, at the time it's the only system between these two that you can plug in my speakers and go. Also, when your ready to upgrade to the ROM/FX you're already set.

The speakers from ukswrath will not be loud enough with out a different amp ,if you are buying a htt kit then only plan on using a chest speaker and not hovi tip speakers........as it is very quite...even if you then upgrade to a different mic......

I had one of these, and installed it. There was no volume, even connected it to hovi speakers and an amp. Thankfully the seller on eBay gave me a refund. Save your pennies for a better set up. Had a decent sound, but again, no volume, made it pretty pointless.

The HTT amps & voice modifiers have always been junk and that's mainly where they fail.  

My Hovi setup volume output is pretty decent (given its size). When used with my amp or something like the ROM/FX it works quite well, though as Ollie has stated it's not as loud as most chest mounted systems. 

For the record I've never stated my system is as loud as or better than a chest mounted system. Comparing my system to a chest mount is like comparing apples to oranges. My speakers are 1/2" in diameter with a maximum output of 1w @ 90db, a standard chest mount system speaker is 1-1/2", 4-6w @ 140db output however, if you want a audio system that is completely contained in the bucket my system is still a viable option, yes there is a small sacrifice in sound level but some troopers like my self think it's worth it.

Bottom line, you want it loud enough to be heard over everything else around you, don't mind a system being mounted in your chest and a wire running down your neck then a chest mount system is for you. if want a system contained in your helmet, with your voice that originates from your helmet and no wires running down your neck than my Hovi system is a great alternative.

I bought hyteck for 150 and it had the speaker ,amp ,hovi , voice changer and mic .... i had the same problems with feedback but found a way to eliminate it with sound proof foam and a face shield . I had to replace the mic and the hovi do not sound good and i was in touch with them to replace them but have not heard back.

I saw hovies on eBay for 120 from one of the members here and they seem legit . Im hoping to get them later on when i recover for what I've been spending on electronics for helmet .. it sounds good without the hovies but thats just for me to have a helmet that works independentlyfrom the chest speaker. my recommendation is if you are getting hyteck get just the little square speaker with the amp and transmitter .. i hope this helped .. i can show you how it sounds just let me know

I bought hyteck for 150 and it had the speaker ,amp ,hovi , voice changer and mic .... i had the same problems with feedback but found a way to eliminate it with sound proof foam and a face shield . I had to replace the mic and the hovi do not sound good and i was in touch with them to replace them but have not heard back.

I saw hovies on eBay for 120 from one of the members here and they seem legit . Im hoping to get them later on when i recover for what I've been spending on electronics for helmet .. it sounds good without the hovies but thats just for me to have a helmet that works independentlyfrom the chest speaker. my recommendation is if you are getting hyteck get just the little square speaker with the amp and transmitter .. i hope this helped .. i can show you how it sounds just let me know

The type of mic you use with the type of amp or amp + modifier makes a big difference. The mics I sell have feedback cancelling, though if you turn the amp up high enough, you will get some feedback. The bucket is like a cave, everything has a echo (feedback) at some level.  

BTW the Hovi tips and Hovi system on Ebay are mine $70 for the Hovis alone and $140 for the system. 

If you have any questions about them you can ask me here or send me a PM.

Edited by ukswrath

The thing I like best about my system from Tony (ukswrath) is that everything is contained in my bucket, and the speakers are a lot louder than you would think!  Plus, thanks to the large on/off/volume switch, I can adjust it without taking off my helmet...  BONUS!

• 1 month later...

Regarding my earlier post on the hovis .. i talked to hyteck and they sent me replacements for the hovi tips ans they sound actually really good , with the amplifier they provide it sounds really decent and im really happy i talked to them regarding my issue

Glad to hear they're making improvements and addressing issues.  :duim: