One of the first 75 TFA suits is already on ePay!

cm325i

I think 4500 is a bit over the top for this costume. Even with the 1800 USD that the actual armor cost us, I think it was on the higher side of things, considering how Anovos is selling a completed snowie for that amount. I considered it to be the price to be one of the first, and kept the licensing in my mind as well to the higher cost. 

But 4500... idk.. look at what else you can buy from that. You can easily get several costumes for that, or even look into more specialized costumes that run more expensive, like a Fett. I'm happy to have this costume, but I don't believe it is worth 4500 USD at all, finished or not. 

BUT... up to the seller really.. it is his costume, and even if he wants 10K for it, it would be up to him. Like many others, I think he is selling it pretty fast, but again, it's up to him. It's just a bit sad he didn't offer it on the Legion boards first, before going to ebay.

• Like 1

I think 4500 is a bit over the top for this costume. Even with the 1800 USD that the actual armor cost us, I think it was on the higher side of things, considering how Anovos is selling a completed snowie for that amount. I considered it to be the price to be one of the first, and kept the licensing in my mind as well to the higher cost.

But 4500... idk.. look at what else you can buy from that. You can easily get several costumes for that, or even look into more specialized costumes that run more expensive, like a Fett. I'm happy to have this costume, but I don't believe it is worth 4500 USD at all, finished or not.

BUT... up to the seller really.. it is his costume, and even if he wants 10K for it, it would be up to him. Like many others, I think he is selling it pretty fast, but again, it's up to him. It's just a bit sad he didn't offer it on the Legion boards first, before going to ebay.

I disagree. After everything is said and done who's to set a price. #1 The time he took to build it #2 materials he had to buy to build it #3 the initial cost of the suit all play a factor. Let's not forget there wasn't build threads or unlimited resources like the OG TK. With an open market and bidding it's up to the consumer to set the price of what they are comfortable paying. Also why would he offer it here for measly profits when he can double or triple it on eBay. Do I condone this no but maybe certain circumstances forced his hand who knows. I just think this was blown way out of proportion for no reason.

2F8AE28A-46B2-4CEA-A98D-B3AF0AD9CC2C_zps

A think a winged pig just strafed my house because I totally agree with Manny.

Selling that tfa kit on eBay and not within the legion isn't cool... But everyone has different priorities. His is financial.

I know in moments of frustration I thought about selling mine for sure.

It is well known that a few folks purchased the armor with no intentions of ever building it. At least this guy seemingly put it together and wore it at C7.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It is well known that a few folks purchased the armor with no intentions of ever building it.

Well if that's the case, does anyone have TFA armor kit they'd like to sell?  :D

EDIT!!!   HAHA! ANOVOS ears must have been burning ... :laugh1: Soon as I posted above my email chimmed.

Edit, edit: Been advised to delete my letter, this s.... is getting serious, awesome  :D

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

A think a winged pig just strafed my house because I totally agree with Manny.

Selling that tfa kit on eBay and not within the legion isn't cool... But everyone has different priorities. His is financial.

I know in moments of frustration I thought about selling mine for sure.

It is well known that a few folks purchased the armor with no intentions of ever building it. At least this guy seemingly put it together and wore it at C7.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hell hath frozen over

• Like 1

It's no joke. I've just been advised a few others in my garrison received the same notification. WHEW!  :D

Ok now I'm excited  :dancing-trooper:  :dancing-trooper:  :dancing-trooper: and a bit nervous   :56pullhair:  :vomit-into-the-toilet:

• Like 2

It's no joke. I've just been advised a few others in my garrison received the same notification. WHEW! :D

Ok now I'm excited :dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper::dancing-trooper: and a bit nervous :56pullhair::vomit-into-the-toilet:

Forward me the email

I disagree. After everything is said and done who's to set a price. #1 The time he took to build it #2 materials he had to buy to build it #3 the initial cost of the suit all play a factor. Let's not forget there wasn't build threads or unlimited resources like the OG TK. With an open market and bidding it's up to the consumer to set the price of what they are comfortable paying. Also why would he offer it here for measly profits when he can double or triple it on eBay. Do I condone this no but maybe certain circumstances forced his hand who knows. I just think this was blown way out of proportion for no reason.

So what exactly are you disagreeing with? With the fact that I *feel* that it is a bit over the top at that price (which is, after all, my personal opinion)? Or the fact that I say it is up to him in the end (which is pretty much a fact, considering it is his property)?

I have the same armor, spend the same money on it (then again, who knows how much the bodyshop asked for the paint, that's a bit of a variable still), I've put a similar amount of hours into it. I think 4,500 is over the top... BUT... that's what *I* think (and really, you hear a lot of horror stories, but all things considered, I doubt more than 2,500 USD in actual costs went into this costume (labor not included, but then again, it's a hobby, not a job and the cost of you sitting in front of a tv or chatting some girl online otherwise shouldn't be translated into money, if you take off to work on your armor and lose money that way, you're doing something wrong imho)

But like said in the final line of my post, it is up to the seller what he asks for it.. if he wants 10K for it, it is up to him, not me. 

Not exactly sure why you felt to disagree when you're saying the same as I do in the end :S 

• Like 1

So what exactly are you disagreeing with? With the fact that I *feel* that it is a bit over the top at that price (which is, after all, my personal opinion)? Or the fact that I say it is up to him in the end (which is pretty much a fact, considering it is his property)?

I have the same armor, spend the same money on it (then again, who knows how much the bodyshop asked for the paint, that's a bit of a variable still), I've put a similar amount of hours into it. I think 4,500 is over the top... BUT... that's what *I* think (and really, you hear a lot of horror stories, but all things considered, I doubt more than 2,500 USD in actual costs went into this costume (labor not included, but then again, it's a hobby, not a job and the cost of you sitting in front of a tv or chatting some girl online otherwise shouldn't be translated into money, if you take off to work on your armor and lose money that way, you're doing something wrong imho)

But like said in the final line of my post, it is up to the seller what he asks for it.. if he wants 10K for it, it is up to him, not me.

Not exactly sure why you felt to disagree when you're saying the same as I do in the end :S

I may have quoted you on accident

"It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it," said my father holding the entire collection of Vintage Marvel Comics spanning #1-#30. He paid between 10-20 cents each. They are "worth" nothing sitting in a box in his basement. Not that the seller was trying to screw anyone over in the legion ; I know the circumstances and they are not good for those who were quick to judge.

ANOVOS is no different. They publicly announced that they are selling this for around $4000 complete. 

Anyway, Anovos originally "estimated" that the TFA kit would be $1500-1800.  I paid $1900 for JUST the kit and still don't think it was worth that in plastic. My wife doesn't think ANY of IT was worth my money, time and aggravation. Now IT stands on a mannequin in my office and I can smell the toxic fumes across the room!  But I LOVE IT!

I believe there is a lack of patience here just because there are only 75 - AT THE MOMENT. Any time now there will be a legion full of these and not just through ANOVOS. I already see 2 sites offering TFA boots and Wyatt with new gaskets. There goes another $200! And we haven't even seen the side arm or blaster yet. 

• Like 1

nice. i'm running campy.

this is more interesting than ebay armor but bike p0rn is for another forum ;)

Brother I was chomping at the bit for the MacLaren but best price I could get was 16k even used the cheapest was 12.. You ride solo or pelotons?

• Like 1

I really don't see where the problem is.

If i would be that guy, would need money i had done it the same way.

If he had not sign any agreement from Anovos. that he's not allowed to sell this before there offical realse or what ever, he can do with the suit what he want.

It's his suit.

And i'm sure he could get even more as 4500 for that thing.

There are enough colectors outside which would give him 5000 or more , only cause it's very exclusive at this date.