One of the first 75 TFA suits is already on ePay!

cm325i

-------------

Update: looks like the seller ended the auction.

*if this is not appropriate to post, please move or delete as necessary

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 2

I was about to create this exact same thread! Seems like this is the guy who made the armor "Professionally painted by an auto body shop".

This is crazy...!

I saw it on Instagram and was like whaaaa!?!?!?!

Edited by cm325i

Lmao gotta love the costume continuity. It's his property he can do as he pleases. And if people wanna shell out 5k for it let them. I don't support or condone his actions but it goes to show you the random selection isn't the best option for these type of costumes or events.

2F8AE28A-46B2-4CEA-A98D-B3AF0AD9CC2C_zps

• Like 2

WOW this is BS. There's a boatload of us who are on the list who would love to have had the opportunity to build and own one. Now some Ya Hooo up and sells theirs for profit. Unbelieveable  

• Like 4

Sad and disappointing. Some people do it for the love and honor to be the 75, while there is the one that do it for greed. The good thing about this, whoever crazy enough that buys it, loves it to spend that kind of $$. MTFBWY 

• Like 1

I really wanted to score a kit first to get the LE fiberglass helmet.  The last 25 helmets have already been accounted for in another promotion according to ANOVOS. I get that it's his property, but it just shows no respect to the 501st and the uniform.

• Like 2

I really wanted to score a kit first to get the LE fiberglass helmet.  The last 25 helmets have already been accounted for in another promotion according to ANOVOS. I get that it's his property, but it just shows no respect to the 501st and the uniform.

You and me both brother, and you got that right.

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 1

It is sad, after being chosen to be one of 75 people who had the opportunity to have the armor, why easily sell on eBay? Why not offer to the 501st member or FISD? By bringing the name 501st, I think it would make the other members who do not have the same opportunity would be furious.

• Like 2

It is sad, after being chosen to be one of 75 people who had the opportunity to have the armor, why easily sell on eBay? Why not offer to the 501st member or FISD? By bringing the name 501st, I think it would make the other members who do not have the same opportunity would be furious.

Yea I'm a bit furious...  :explodingemotie:

I really wanted to score a kit first to get the LE fiberglass helmet.

I don't know if it's of any consolation, but we're under the impression they're not that LE after all. We didn't get that certificate or anything else indicating it was part of the first 75, plus Anovos said many times already they will be selling the fiberglass for 700-800 bucks as premium option.

I think it's bad form to have turned around to sell the kit so quickly. It's available only to select 501st members at this point in time, it is not available to the public. We have so many members who are chomping at the bit to have this armor. 

I fully understand now that the NDA is over, this person can do with their armor as they please, but it doesn't stop me from feeling this is just poor form. 

• Like 3

Who knows maybe he needs to recoup money from SWCA or maybe something else came up. What better place to sell than eBay!! Why sell here to a member for measly profits when you can have a bidding war to cash in.

Who knows maybe he needs to recoup money from SWCA or maybe something else came up. What better place to sell than eBay!! Why sell here to a member for measly profits when you can have a bidding war to cash in.

I talked to the person, it's not to recop from SWCA. He has a legit reason for selling it (though bogus IMHO) however, it all goes back to "if you can't afford something then DON'T BUY IT!"    

• Like 3

WOW that was worth missing out on the opportunity

I'm personally not really upset that they're doing it. I was mostly just surprised that it happened so soon.

I'm personally not really upset that they're doing it. I was mostly just surprised that it happened so soon.

A day later and frustrations have subsiding a bit, I'm more sadden than anything. There were those who badly wanted to be picked and would have respected the opportunity, the privilege, the honor.  

It also could have been offered to 501st members first regardless of the price, if nobody wanted it then Ebay the thing. The fact it went straight to Ebay is a tragedy.

I understand people are people but I guess I come from a generation where if you worked your butt off for something, you used it for a while, took care of it and when it no longer served it's usefulness then you sold it. Today it's the "I can't afford it, but look what I got" mentality. Gold today is tomorrows brass.

Sorry, I'll get off my soapbox now. :(    

Edited by ukswrath
  • Like 5

I get the whole "bad for 501st image" to sell it so quickly, and I agree, but how much were the kits to those 75?  Like $2000?  Yes, $4500 seems high and a crazy price to spend on a suit, but given the cost of the armor plus man hours for building (looks to be intense from build threads) plus the fact that you can't get the kit until late Q4/early Q1, I think his price is just a little higher than what I would expect for a ready to wear suit but not entirely far off. For anyone who has this suit and wants to sell it, supply and demand is in your favor.

Again, I don't agree that he took to eBay to sell it and feel he should have done so on this forum.