Sizing question - Thighs / Forearms

Hi Everyone, 

I have begun my first TK build and have run into a sizing issue with a few parts namely the things and the forearms.

To give a brief background on the kit I am currently in Taipei Taiwan and had worked with the CO of the outpost here on obtaining a good kit from a source that a lot of the TK's in Taiwan, Hong Kong etc currently use. The assembly style is an overlap method and not the butt join / cover-strip that a lot of kits use. 

prior to doing any gluing I wanted to make sure that the pieces would have a good fit and i wouldn't run into any issues. After reading ALOT of the posting on here this seemed like a logical first step :D

Onto my questions: 

Forearms - is there any issue with using Velcro to make it easier to take them on and off? Similar to what is done for the calves? 

Thighs - Same question - I have made a clean glue for the front portion but when it comes to seal up the back it gets a bit thin on real estate. Would a velcro seal work on the things (hadn't seen a thread speaking to it either way)? I may be able to use velcro to seal it off and think if glued that it won't hold. Long term it seems like a shim option would be best 

I am open to any ideas or suggestions that you all may have. 

Thanks ahead of time for any of your ideas or banter :D

Shaun 

Unless you have unusually large forearms and thighs, it shouldn't be hard to put on and remove the armor pieces even if they are glued on both sides.

The only piece that this is necessary is for the calf/shin pieces. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think it may also be an approval issue if you glue one side on the forearms and thigh pieces too.

The right forearm is tighter than the left... but if you do it right you can still get it on. I have large forearms. Not "POPEYE" big, but big.

And the thighs are TOTALLY easy to step into!
I think you might just need practice putting stuff on in order. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys - been traveling a bit and hadn't been posting.

Bluey - you were spot on with the wearing it part. I had taped and clamped everything up just to try it for fit and the thighs fit great. Even after glueing together they are super easy to step into. Now I just need to finish a strapping belt to make sure they stay in place. ;)

For the forearms. They are Velcroed on one side for now. I have to play with the sizing to see if I can seal them up and make them work. The issue I noticed wasn't really my non-Popeye forearms as it was just getting a good fit and making sure my hand got through. I think a bit more playing around and I'll be all good.

Thanks for the input guys, definitely a help!

Shaun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk