ABS paste question...

Hola!  I need to whip up a small amount of ABS paste, and am having a bit of trouble...  I know the recipe, but the only acetone I could find is nail polish remover.  The problem is that it simply does not dissolve the ABS.  I have let it sit up to 6 hours, and it just gets a little sticky.  Is there a source for something stronger, maybe?  Thanks for any info.!  

Go to your local chemist/pharmacy that supplies customers with scripts. Go to the back and ask the person in the doctor looking outfit. He or she should be able to help you.

Nearly all chemists sell straight up acetone for medical purposes. Im sure. I think. 

Your nail polish remover is probably ethyl or butyl acetate. As noted most home improvement stores sell acetone in the paint section as a thinner. To help with dissolving the abs you can place your closed container of acetone/abs in warm water and agitate it. Don't open it until it cools off though the fumes will be horrendous.

You can also look at Sally Beauty Supply if there is one near you. 

They've got it in "human-sized" containers (20 - 40 oz) for relatively cheap - less than or around $10.

I am sure you can get it at Home Depot. I buy it there in 1 gal cans and even in California can get it. Now good paint and other solvents we are out of luck. Thanks California. Not!