Celebration 7 FISD Group Photos (or "how I need to learn to chill out")

Darth Aloha

All,

Below are 20 different group photos taken by the very talented and patient Slam of the Canadian Garrison. I don't know how to thank him enough. If you know him please hug and thank him 15 or so times. 

The high res version can be found here if you want to print them. They are quite large . Please do not try to load them on a phone or tablet. 

Why do I need to learn to chill out? Because of this guy:

----------

Say hello to Keith Rock of the Dune Sea Garrison.

When I first realized that Keith had put his smiley face bucket on for the group photo I was pissed off. I thought it was disrespectful, not within the spirit of FISD and a lot other jerky things to think. Nearly the day before the shoot I posted here about people not taking things too serious and yet I still got mad at Keith for doing that for our highly planned and organized display of TK costuming prowess. 

Plastic. 

Spacemen. 

Thanks to Keith for re-teaching me a lesson. That lesson is that what we do here on FISD is supposed to be fun. Maybe even downright silly. The balance between taking something seriously and also having fun with it is tough. 

You can spot the smiley trooper in all the FISD group shots with buckets on. I'm going to print one of them out and put it on my wall in the hopes that when I see it I'm reminded to chill out and have more fun.

KcdTtDT.jpg

eLhlMCV.jpg

5UjbQHs.jpg

jKOPVCf.jpg

Many thanks to Brian Robinson (tkrestonva) for his bullhorn work keeping things on track and organized. Everyone always knew what was going on at all times and that's a feat herding us white plastic cats.

I am proud to the point of being weepy of being a part of our amazing little plastic spaceman corner of the internet. 

Aloha,

-Eric

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021
  • Like 13

I understand you were pissed off. I too felt like he was really spoiling the whole pictures. The smiley helmet, plus the hair, plus the stickers on both shoulder bells, plus the sling... I thought he was almost trying to provoc people. And once you have noticed him, it's really hard to get it out of your mind.

But like you say, Just Plastic Spacemen. 

I wasn't there and the absents are always wrong, so great job everyone! The FISD pictures are really amazing, and the chosen location for them is really an awesome spot. It was nice to live it vicariously through you all.

O.k. I finally signed up to this group! (even though my TK is about 14 years old)

Anyhoo, the pics are large enough to print 4'x3' wall posters (I wouldn't go any larger).

Have fun!

Edited by tk878
  • Like 2

Great picture SLam.

This is the only group photo i show off when talking about Celebration VII :)

Thanks to Clamps, Pony and TK Butters for wrangling us into position and to everyone there who cooperated to make this shoot smooth and organized. Great team.

The strength of the Empire!

• Like 2

These pictures are super awesome! 

Many thanks to everyone who helped getting this picture of the ground! It was an absolute highlight of my stay at SWCA. I loved it from begin to end! :D

• Like 2

Eric these are awesome pictures.  You should add some names to the pictures so some of us who haven't been really able to meet everyone could finally put some names to faces.  Especially the staff.  This looks like it was an awesome time.  Hopefully one day....

O.k. I finally signed up to this group! (even though my TK is about 14 years old)

Anyhoo, the pics are large enough to print 4'x3' wall posters (I wouldn't go any larger).

Have fun!

Thanks so much Slam for taking these fantastic photos! I know many of us a re super appreciative of the high-res files. You can totally zoom in and see the booger in Clamps' nostril! :D

• Like 3

I'm sorry I forgot to thank our Canadian handlers for the photo and our march. Thanks Clampenstein, Butters, and Pony. 

Eric these are awesome pictures.  You should add some names to the pictures so some of us who haven't been really able to meet everyone could finally put some names to faces.  Especially the staff.  This looks like it was an awesome time.  Hopefully one day....

Here you go:

FISD_Staff_Buckets_off%20names_zps66vc7f

-Eric

To me..this felt like graduation day. I spent over a year working on my armor (from the brown box to Centurion) and I met all my mentors and supporters in person. Thank you so much because this was my highlight of Celebration!

• Like 5

A big thanks to the white shirts (wranglers) and armored troopers - you know who you are! - for helping get everyone set up. It was quite frankly the best run FISD photo shoot we've ever had.

I cannot thank you enough for this.

• Like 3