ANH Screen Accurate Binders

I was wondering if anyone else has tried making ANH binders. I never wanted to have the common PVC ROTJ binders when my TK is ANH.

I set out to build a set and it turned out great. They're comfortably heavy and made of solid brass. They close magnetically and can be used for trooping. The entire set is solid brass but the magnets are gold plated (not expensive though). They also operate (swivel) like the movie.

I do have a question about the possibility of insulating the inside if anyone else has ever attempted to make a set also. I have searched high and low and never have seen someone else attempt so I was thinking maybe if I post someone has. I am not sure if I should do it or not because they're pretty comfortable without it.

I also used 3" (I'm certain 4" was used in the movie for Chewy) but with the 4" they're just too big to bind people for photos unless you find a real wookie or someone big like one haha

Screen comparisons

H7HuEbe.jpg

• Like 2

Ha yeah there's the schism in thought process. Are all TKs always the same or are there different manufacturers of the suits throughout the timeline? I like that answer and that each trooper gets scanned and everyone's suits are a uniform thickness. The designated user's body morphology is the reason for the shape variances. Luke stole a fatty's bucket. They're all lazy on the Death Star anyhow, talking about T-38s and drills...

Perfect for any Imperial😄

• 8 months later...

Not sure if Randy is still making these, but you may want to PM him and ask.  I purchased a set of these from him a while back and they are truly a work of art!  I got in touch with Darman, who made me a magnificent custom leather holster for them as well.

• 3 months later...

I wouldn't say just hero, I am using for stunt. They are tk binders.

Thanks though!

Sent from a galaxy far far away

Randy sent you a PM to see if you might want to make a set of these!

• 4 years later...
On 4/27/2015 at 9:57 AM, TK21029 said:

I was wondering if anyone else has tried making ANH binders. I never wanted to have the common PVC ROTJ binders when my TK is ANH.

I set out to build a set and it turned out great. They're comfortably heavy and made of solid brass. They close magnetically and can be used for trooping. The entire set is solid brass but the magnets are gold plated (not expensive though). They also operate (swivel) like the movie.

I do have a question about the possibility of insulating the inside if anyone else has ever attempted to make a set also. I have searched high and low and never have seen someone else attempt so I was thinking maybe if I post someone has. I am not sure if I should do it or not because they're pretty comfortable without it.

I also used 3" (I'm certain 4" was used in the movie for Chewy) but with the 4" they're just too big to bind people for photos unless you find a real wookie or someone big like one haha

Damn these are lovely, are you making these to sell or have any blueprints, stuff like that?