Clint's Build Thread (TK-61281)

camprandall

Yeah, Ray, it's pretty cool. One problem I have is my new giant Note 5 phone doesn't fit in the pouch at all so I'm trying to think of a way to store that one, but having a functional pouch that doesn't slouch is nice!

I mounted my Aker in my chest and it works pretty well. It would be cool to put it in a pouch too, but I suspect the sound coming from there would feel "off".

So after trooping this at Celebration, I decided to modify the spats. They're really silly and stick out far and velcroing them the way most of us did just doesn't work very well. Here's what I did today.

Made a little recessed snap piece so that the male snap end could go through the ABS to make the greeble

Final product.

20150426_131503_zpsapu6dak5.jpg

so how was it attached before you added the snap? is the latch greeble glued to one side of the spat opening?

It was just velcro'd. I didn't like it because it was tough to keep it close together and also showed a much bigger gap. And yes, the square end of the greeblie is glued while the long end is snapped. Does that makes sense?

Edited by camprandall

It was just velcro'd. I didn't like it because it was tough to keep it close together and also showed a much bigger gap. And yes, the square end of the greeblie is glued while the long end is snapped. Does that makes sense?

perfect sense. I have mine velcroed where the spat comes together and if seems pretty good. I havent attaced the "latch" yet. wasn't sure if I should add more velcro on the "latch" where it meets the spat.

• 2 weeks later...

As of late last night, I'm officially approved as First Order TK! Woo hoo!

Congrats man.

Your GML posted your photos on the legion site for review. I wrote something like "Oh just approve him already. He wrote the CRL!"

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congrats man.

Your GML posted your photos on the legion site for review. I wrote something like "Oh just approve him already. He wrote the CRL!"

-Eric

That's funny!

Hey we wouldn't be the 501st if everyone didn't have to stand up to the standards. No free rides! ;)

Edited by camprandall

Bummer! Hope they sort it out quickly. The quality is certainly good and they package things well so they seem pretty professional.

He said they're being shipped today. Funny thing I was asked to ship the TKs to the rightful owner and I would be reimbursed for the shipping...lol

ATTABOY IB  :huh:

They fit me just fine. I'm a 10.5 with slightly wide feet and these are quite comfortable.

The sole is not quite accurate as my understanding is that it should be vertical lines instead of the pattern it has and it's only on the front of the boot. The pic looks like it's vertical, but that's an illusion. It's like the ones posted on their ordering thread.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing major here, but thought I'd post a little about my First Order pistol that I whipped up from the Nerf one. Only very minor mods and painting, but still took some time. The one mod that would help that I didn't do is replace the nozzle with a longer and thinner one, but I don't really have the right tools for that and it would have added a lot of hours to this.

Remove the Star Wars logo and all caution areas (there were a lot!)

20150927_074736_zpsf1vavofa.jpg

20150927_074744_zpsszdknkvj.jpg

Cut back the rail since it looks weird jetting forward when the real pistol has a much shorter rail that angles back. I had to do some tiny ABS pieces to help fill the holes since it ends up leaving a big opening after doing that. This would allow the bondo to fill it out without seeping deep into the gun.

20150927_080526_zps5hwaejef.jpg

20150927_101736_zps7biekvde.jpg

Cut the trigger a bit to look much closer to a real trigger.

Before

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%205.38.3

After

Screen%20Shot%202015-10-09%20at%205.38.4

Bondo and sanding time!

20150927_105117_zpsgpgitkl5.jpg

20150927_110407_zpsgrqo7xuw.jpg

Paint with semi-gloss black that was used on the armor. I later smoothed out a few areas that rippled from this crappy Rustoleum paint. I was keeping it on a budget, which meant using paint that I had. :)

20151001_060641_zpsbxmki0wd.jpg

Rough up areas to be white and then paint the white areas with the paint used for the armor. I let it sit for 20 minutes, then matte clear coated the whole thing.

20151003_054133_zpsnj3vghda.jpg

Make holes for cut off framing nails to act as mounting posts. Used JBWeld to glue them in. I used nails to keep the dremel cut out of the holster a bit thinner so I could keep the resin thick. None of this will matter when I receive my metal holster next week. ;)

20151003_141526_zps7tzpoymq.jpg

20151003_145818_zpsvt1nczsq.jpg

Dremel holster slots with a cut off tool. Pic here is from ukwrath's build thread since I forgot to take a pic of this step.

IMG_3291%20-%20Copy-cropb.jpg

Mount and enjoy! (that could be taken the wrong way)

20151003_145915_zpsijsdanpg.jpg

Edited by camprandall
  • Like 5