An apology to my family here

gazmosis

It has been a long last three weeks here. The crowning Jewel of which should have been finally meeting my FISD family and putting faces to all the names , seeing all the armor up close, and hanging with the greatest troopers in the 501st at C7. However, I was forced to leave the party on Saturday night due to illness. After visiting my doctor the following Monday with a 102 fever, I found I had 1st stage pneumonia. 

I had made a post here just after Easter explaining that the week prior I was on a family vacation and off the grid. Right after I got back, I received the call of my dreams from Anovos themselves. I was invited to be part of the  build of the TFA suits that appeared on stage behind  JJ and the cast at C7. Because it was such short notice, I didn;t have the chance to explain here that I was leaving. Also, by agreeing to do so I was required to sign the "no disclosure agreement" and could not reveal what I was doing or where I was doing it. I called Eric on my way to said location from my car to let him know I was going to be away for yet another week, but could only give mild hints at best to explain why. We worked from 10 AM to 2 AM with short breaks for 5 days to complete the suits and had them packed up at 1:15 AM the Monday before Celebration. Needless to say, I never allowed the cold I already had prior to the project to heal itself and it sunk it's claws into me at C7.

After the group shot and the parade, I went back to my hotel and slept for 4 hours. What a waste. I woke feeling worse than I did before. 

I have no plans on going anywhere soon. Reviews of Cent/EIB will be completed and all will be back on track. Again, to all those I met, please do no be offended. I was nowhere near myself. I pray dearly that I get another chance sometime in the future to redeem myself. 

• Like 5

I know a little about how you feel,

I was involved in a car accident 2 days before celebration and was forced not only to miss the event I've been waiting a year to attend.

I lost my car, and am in major financial and health problems.

selling most of my gear to attempt to recover.

Steve- you've been a major player here at the FISD. and your guidance is invaluable!  You have a far better chance than I do for recovery!

Best to you!

• Like 1

Wow, Steve and Vern both- as folks I truly see as mentors in my 501st / TK adventure, though I've never met you I like to think of both of you as a HUGE part of this new family I've joined. I can only tell you that both of you are in my prayers and I hope for both of you to have a speedy recovery. Please keep us all updated with anything we can do to help

Steve,it was nice to meet ya bro! If you remember or not, I was the TK at our photo shoot at the fountain that had you doctor up my neck wallet that had to be reattached at my holster lol! Hope you and Vern are recovering well, its all good, we got you guys!! We are here for you two :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

Steve and Vern, I am very sorry to hear such bad news from you both. Can only imagine how it felt to "loose" this event, you waited for so long.

Might just be a little consolation, but on youtube there are 4 videos with livestreams from each of those four days (a lot of hours in total).

I was quite happy about that, as I had no chance to visit C7. Maybe this compensates your situation a bit...

• Like 1

Take care of yourself first Steve. Burning the candle at both ends takes it out of you for sure. Everyone waiting for EIB and Centurion will understand I'm sure. It was great meeting you a Celebration, and I hope we bump into each other again soon. Get well buddy!

-Pete

• Like 1

The sad news, but I am sure you are strong and tough trooper. 

Your health is a top priority, I believe the EIB and the Centurion applicants could wait. 

They will understand your situation today.

I also sympathize with your situation Vern . We wish things could be better. 

I am sure members of FISD will support you both.

• Like 1

Hey Steve, no apologies needed bro, things happen. What's most important is that you get better, family, life, etc. These items are always first in my book.

I'm bummed I didn't get to meet you and a majority of the FISD family at C7 but that was my fault. Next time.

• Like 1

I'm telling you, you guys are the greatest. I can only pray the somewhere in my future that life allows me to remain here and meet you all again. 

Vern, dude, I cannot say enough about the well wishes and hopes for your well being. Everyone has tough times but no one deserves that. Good feelings coming your way,

• Like 1

Steve, hang in there buddy. I have been hospitalized with pneumonia on several occasions, so I feel you, but it is tragic that it happened at CVII. Well-wishes my friend.

I have not been long on this site and am still in the "Wow" phase, however in that short time I have come to realise that were all in this together, so even though I don't know you, may never meet you, Steve, Vern, please both accept my well wishes on swift recoveries.

The force is strong with you both. Don't get discouraged or feel bad about "letting anyone down". Let us know how we can lift you both back up. Really. Say the word and I am sure you will have the entire FISD at your side, boots stomping, and blasters screaming. Maybe we can get the astromechs to build you both a 2-1B medic droid for personal use. Get well soon. 

Hi Vern and Steve-

Just saw your notes.  Speedy recovery to both of you.

Steve, meeting you and your wife was one of the highlights of Celebration.  Despite your fatigue, you were charming and mentally alert everytime I spoke with you.  Not sure I could have done half as well if I was coming down with pneumonia.

Already looking forward to the next Celebration and getting to spend more time with everyone.  At the end of Celebration, one of my garrison mates said: "No.  No.  No.  Bring everyone back and start Celebration over.  That went by much too quickly."

Terribly sorry to hear about both of you. I wish I could help, somehow. Recover soon! Live to fight another day, as they say! ;)

Also, Celebration, ah... well, as much as I wish i could have been there, I'm stationed way too far off on the outer rim to even think about getting a transfer permit or even an off-world shuttle, but still sucks to have missed it. ;)