post-22569-0-42776300-1430076678_thumb.jpg

THERMAL DETONATOR - BACK

post-22569-0-49915700-1430124839_thumb.jpg

HOLSTER ATTACHMENT

post-22569-0-51812900-1430124878_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your feedback!

TK-23552 'Skyline', checking out

Edited by Skyline

Nice job, Pascal!  I am no expert, but I did notice a few things that might help you out... It looks like your belt is not centered at the front.  I believe the center button should line up with the center line on the lower ab plate.  Also, if you look at the CRL's, you will notice that the thigh amamo pack  rides higher than what you have, covering the bottom.  I had the exact same issue, and E-6000 worked out great to hold it up.  I would suggest using painter's tape to mask off any areas that you don't want the glue to get on, though.  (I found this out the hard way, LOL).

Lastly, I think Gazmosis will need to see a photo of the single split rivet on the lower ab from the bottom view.  Great job on the build, my friend, and veel succes on your EIB quest!

Edited by justjoseph63

Nice job, Pascal!  I am no expert, but I did notice a few things that might help you out... It looks like your belt is not centered at the front.  I believe the center button should line up with the center line on the lower ab plate.  Also, if you look at the CRL's, you will notice that the thigh amamo pack  rides higher than what you have, covering the bottom.  I had the exact same issue, and E-6000 worked out great to hold it up.  I would suggest using painter's tape to mask off any areas that you don't want the glue to get on, though.  (I found this out the hard way, LOL).

Lastly, I think Gazmosis will need to see a photo of the single split rivet on the lower ab from the bottom view.  Great job on the build, my friend, and veel succes on your EIB quest!

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply. I see that the thigh ammo pack rides a bit high indeed on this picture. Normally it's ok. See this picture taken outside:

post-22569-0-11358600-1425159188_thumb.jpg

This whole ammo pack thing isn't really relevant guys. On the originals they weren't glued and they tended to shift just like that.

med_gallery_14191_23_91737.jpg

Same thing for the belt being perfectly centered or not. I wouldn't worry too much about that. I prefer to see a belt set at the right height but a little offset, rather than too low but centered. And, Pascal, yours is nicely set.

Honestly, to me your armor is largely exceeding the EIB requirement so i don't expect too much trouble for that. Congratulations!! (but i would post a clearer shot of the D-ring on your E-11, if my memory serves, this is a EIB requirement).

However for Centurion, one of the things i'm questionning about is the front covers stripes on your thighs and shins. They seem to be quite wider than the recommanded 20mm.

And on a side note, you are tall, so for your personal confort i think you could try to lower a bit your chest plate so it covers more the abdominal plate. Right now, you're very close to the limit before exposing some black between them. By lowering the chest plate it will avoid that issue and also give you some more room for your neck.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 2

Hi Germain, thanks very much for your useful comments.

I used the photo checklist and I did not see the D-Ring requirement there. But...I made an extra picture and edited my original post to add the D-Ring picture.

:duim:  :smiley-sw013:

Also...I replaced some (too) low-res pics with the requested hi-res pics.

Edited by Skyline

Hey Pascal, nice looking build sir

Besides echoing Germain's comments and suggestions, I would like to add the the following suggestions though they don't really apply for EIB though may for Centurion, which I assuming this is where your headed giving you've built a very nice set of RS armor.   :duim:

Again for level 3, align your drop boxes with the edge of your ammo belt? (your belt pic differs from your suited up pics. Could just be a picture thing), reign in any gaps between your kidney and ab (breath in click, breath out ;)), pictures of your exterior cod & posterior rivets and flexible hand guards (though it's obvious they're rubber :) ).

See you in the EIB ranks soon.  :salute:

Thank you Tony, for your constructive comments. At this time I would consider it a great honour to reach the Expert Infantry status. Although, yes..to be honest.....I hope to be joining the ranks of Centurion in a nearby future too.

The guys from RS were really helpfull...I am the tallest TK in the Dutch Garrison. Quite a challenge to have a proper fit.

I'll study on my breathing techniques ;) And share my other pictures whenever the time has come.

Skyline out.

• Like 1

Mr. Pascal!   Thank you so much for your application to EIB. It is always a pleasure to see a well built set of RS. Let's look at yours!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been posted and your armor contains all necessary elements for EIB. With that, I would like to congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly: â€‹In this section, suggestions for overall armor appearance will be summarized. Unless specifically stated, these suggestions will not affect Any application:

Being a taller trooper, this armor fits you really well. What I am very pleased to see is the correct placements of your side hardware on your ab when using the extra material that is left on the sides in case you need it around the middle. Well done to not use the suggested dimples provided. The suggested hardware marking dimples provided by RS are fine to be used if your sides are cut accordingly.

Because you are a taller trooper, I hope you think that is is mandatory that your thigh pack be lowered. Although this is not totally incorrect, a loose thigh pack can get caught and break (I've seen it) a dab of glue on the center against the thigh will solve this.

Outstanding helmet detail painting!

I also love the low profile scope rail. While we are on the subject of your blaster, those power cylinder wires on the RS blaster are a bit enthusiastic with soooooo many coils. Reducing these can be something to consider in the future.

Having the 2 snaps on the butt and the cod split rivet are not mandatory for EIB. However, I do like to make sure that this hardware is left unpainted but I am sure we will see it in the centurion application  ;)

Centurion Suggestions: 

Although  I try my best to see everything, Centurion applications require photos that show aspects of the armor not seen in EIB applications. Ultimate responsibility lies with the trooper to make sure points are followed.

Before applying for Centurion, I'd like to see a couple adjustments. First the easiest because it may just be the way they are positioned in the pic. I'd like to see your shoulder bells up against the ribbed bridges and have less gap up there. 

The next one will take a little work but will be so worth it when done. Although your hardware placements on your shims are spot on, I'd like to see the shim applied flush with the armor surface so there is less of a ridge between the two. If done carefully, the seam can be extremely subtle. Here is the means I am taking about to join them:post-12041-0-27905300-1430450033_thumb.png

Typically, plastic paste made from acetone mixed with plastic scraps is used to fill the seam. This is some side seam work that is close to impossible to tell this kind of work was done.post-12041-0-64443600-1430449984_thumb.jpgpost-12041-0-97236300-1430449977_thumb.jpg

Much congratulations on your EIB and having possibly the coolest name in the entire Legion!!!

• Like 1

Hi Steve, thank you so much for making my day even better!

Returning from a great troop at Dutch Disney Headquarters with our Dutch Garrison I learned that I was welcomed to the EIB ranks. That really makes me a proud trooper :-)

Tried my best to provide you with some clear pictures of this armor which already gave me some memorable moments.

I really appreciate your feedback; the compliments (which I will forward to the guys from RS too) but also the suggestions to improve my armor for my next application level.

It inspires me to go this one step further...

Thanks again! Skyline out.  :smiley-sw013:

Congrats Pascal:

(continuing in Dutch) gosah, weer een EIB in onze Hollandse divisie. Gaat lekkah zo!  :D  

Looking great!

• Like 1

Congratulations Pascal! Good to see another one added to the ranks :-)

Thank you Simon. And for the loop. It works!