The Force Awakens Stormtrooper CRL

Darth Aloha

Also you guys can used the vest photos from the build thread if you wish. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34011-ukswraths-first-order-heavy-gunner-flyye-vest-modification/

I can provide more detailed pictures obviously if needed

FB_IMG_1458505272781-crop.jpg

• Like 1

As far as I can see, the mp40 pouch is only worn with a vest, pauldron, and the larger F11-D with a stock. The only pauldron color that appears on screen with it is white. Red was in the deleted scene and the black pauldron trooper wasn't facing the camera to tell.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Tony, if you can provide good resolution front/back photos, we can get the IPM team to clean them up, or Eric may decide to have the LMO team do that.

Here is when it was 97% done, but I'm sure you want the one that is 100% done.

IMG_5527.jpg

Also, we'll need text to support it, like:

L1:

* The vest shall be black.

* It shall have 5 lower black pouches, and three upper pouches with white armor plates.

* There are three straps total, two that attach to the upper front corners and cross in the back, and one that is attached on the bottom that runs around the torso

L2

* Outside two black pouches should have front folding closures.

* The three inner pouches hall have two horizontal webbing straps on them.

That can be a good start for now.

• Like 2

As far as I can see, the mp40 pouch is only worn with a vest, pauldron, and the larger F11-D with a stock. The only pauldron color that appears on screen with it is white. Red was in the deleted scene and the black pauldron trooper wasn't facing the camera to tell.

I think all three colors actually made the final movie. I need to look it up because I grabbed screenshots a while ago for this.

I think all three colors actually made the final movie. I need to look it up because I grabbed screenshots a while ago for this.

Yes, all 3 colors made it in to the film. The black pauldron guy is also seen talking to Kylo during the Resistance attack, and then Kylo tells him to pull the division out. Thanks Clint for that screen cap - I missed that reference for the black pauldron.

And yeah, we'll also have to allow scuffing/light weathering on the CRL as an option.

• Like 1

I was referring to the vest/pauldron/mp 40 pouch. All 3 color pauldron do occur on troopers without the vest as well as snow troopers.

More black pauldron trooper. f3e33ce86e5c7524307d0bb354a980f9.png

... with a First Order flashlight on his thigh! :laugh1:

Unrelated to the CRL, I noticed how that trooper's codpiece is bending, as if it's specifically made of a rubbery material to allow for greater mobility - much like Mr. Rubber Thighs from the Death Star (ANH) and Bespin (ESB). Just thought that was interesting. :)

... with a First Order flashlight on his thigh! :laugh1:

Unrelated to the CRL, I noticed how that trooper's codpiece is bending, as if it's specifically made of a rubbery material to allow for greater mobility - much like Mr. Rubber Thighs from the Death Star (ANH) and Bespin (ESB). Just thought that was interesting. :)

It's because the screen armor material is injected molded and pliable.

OK, we just need a good shot of it then. We can also say that for L1 the monopod need not be extendable, but for L2/L3 it will need to be. Sound right?

Will this do, or should I try for a better photo, perhaps on a different background and/or with less shadow?

e5c70ceb1f81a8c498e0713446356a3b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For the upper levels, I'm wondering if we should talk about continuity of the pieces. At least if not mentioned explicitly, we should have more pictures on the CRL. On the current CRL, I think there are too many "hidden" areas...

For example,I'm having a hard time right now understanding if the chest plate bottom edge should line up with the back plate or if a drop is allowed between the two.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Has a list been made for different load outs, First Order armor with X Weapon, Y paunches ,Z pauldron...

some thing like that to put to gethere a comprehensive list of way to load out this new Trooper..

• 2 months later...