The Force Awakens Stormtrooper CRL

Darth Aloha

I have a question. 

let me know if this is the wrong place to ask, 

regarding the helmet,

the brow, does that extend out a bit, like the anh helet, or is it flush? I can't realy tel from the pictures I've seen.

And would that make a difference since it's not stated in the CRL 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Has one yet considered to add the Heavy-Weapon-Trooper tactical-vest, the lager F-11D-Rifle of the HWT, the BIG SonnBlas FWMB and the Pauldron to the optional accessoires to the CRL?

Edited by Paggeldiwwer

• 8 months later...

Has one yet considered to add the Heavy-Weapon-Trooper tactical-vest, the lager F-11D-Rifle of the HWT, the BIG SonnBlas FWMB and the Pauldron to the optional accessoires to the CRL?

Also the mp40 pouch/pauldron combo for the HWT?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Has one yet considered to add the Heavy-Weapon-Trooper tactical-vest, the lager F-11D-Rifle of the HWT, the BIG SonnBlas FWMB and the Pauldron to the optional accessoires to the CRL?

That definitely seems like a no-brainer. The F-11D rifle and pauldron are already there. Just need to get a description and some good quality photos of the FMWB-10 Megablaster and the Heavy Gunner vest. Maybe change the language on the rifle description to say "... with extended stock and approximately 11% larger than the standard F-11D blaster" or whatever the size difference is that Germain came up with.

Fortunately, I have all of accessories in question - I'll need to submit some quality photos to whomever updates the CRL. :)

• Like 1

Oh, and I meant both for the vest as well as the pack. For both having a full on + 3/4 shot works well. I'm sure Eric (Darth Aloha) can't wait to add those to the CRL as optional add-ons.

For L2/L3 though, we'd have to start specifying them to be worn only in certain groups together.

• Like 1

When Finn & Po escape, there are at least 3 people using the monopod, all 3 have a pistol on their thigh, and one has the heavy vest. I didn't see any with the stand, but maybe I missed something elsewhere in the movie?

That is the one I was thinking of, though during the escape sequence two others are holding that weapon - one takes it out of a pack of weapons and uses it freehand.

That is the one I was thinking of, though during the escape sequence two others are holding that weapon - one takes it out of a pack of weapons and uses it freehand.

Yep, I remember that instance. The only other use of the megablaster was when Poe's abandoned X-wing on Jakku was destroyed. Again, the trooper that did it was holding it freehand.

OK, we just need a good shot of it then. We can also say that for L1 the monopod need not be extendable, but for L2/L3 it will need to be. Sound right?

• Like 1

For basic approval, the pauldron and SE-14C are already approvable. We need to add the vest, Jakku pack and heavy canon. When we get to L2 or L3 as part of the CRL re-write, then that is where we start specifying that the configuration must match a screen seen supported one. I haven't gone through the full movie in detail, but I couldn't see anyone with an ammo pouch that I recall.

What about the pauldron/mp40 pouches/vest combo?

To my recollection, that combo was only seen twice - once in a deleted scene (which is available as bonus footage as part of the digital download version), and on a behind-the-scenes shot - specifically when JJ Abrams was giving acting direction to one of the stormtroopers.

TunnelStandoff.jpg

sw_bts_08-1024x683.jpg

Both take place in the basement of Maz's castle on Takadona - a scene which itself never made it to the final cut.