The Force Awakens Stormtrooper CRL

Darth Aloha

Need photos of the boots?

I think the one we have is good no? I just haven't uploaded it hoping Clint has a higher res version.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good stuff! I'll add the text for the handplate black details and on the forearm boxes but the photos will have to follow given our short timeline this week to go green with the CRL. 

The neck seal maybe shiny for L2 but it doesn't matter much. 

Thanks!

-Eric

If time is a factor, I can help out. If someone can send me a good quality pic of the forearms that show the wrist detail, I can get it edited & done today. (I would use mine but I cut that detail off when trimming and had to recreate it-it would not be the best example for a CRL.)

Just an option. :)

With the works of the CRL being finalized, does that mean the New TFA can be approved before the movie premier???

My goal is that GMLs can start approving next week :)

We will likely update the photos as we go as more get approved. For now we just need enough to get people approved in general.

Todo list before the LMO turns it green:

* Thermal det photos uploaded

* Boot wording cleaned up and photo uploaded

* Some mention of undersuit somewhere

* Whip up blaster wording and upload photos.

-Eric

• Like 3

Sorry to be obtuse, but would someone mind updating the first post with the version of the CRL you'd like for us to review? Or, alternatively, provide a link in the first post to the most current CRL you'd like for us to read through for clarity/typos/etc.? If y'all no longer need proof-reading, then congrats and thanks very much for all the months/weeks/days/hours of work!

Slurry! -krista :atat:

EDIT: Thanks. Email sent with polishing edit suggestions.  A lot of great work is there; it's awesome to be at the point of polishing. Congrats!

Edited by kme1682
  • Like 3

Krista: it's on the main legion site under the FISD crls. I think I linked to it a few posts of mine ago.

http://www.501st.com/databank/TK_-_First_Order

Post here or email me your edit suggestions.

-Eric

I see Midwest Garrison posted on social media they have approved the first TFA Stormtrooper TK265 http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember.php?userID=205&costumeID=326

• Like 2

^^ I saw that from the Ireland Garrison's page. Was wondering about that considering I had not heard anything in ages on the status of the CRL or when approval would open for the FO TK. Last I heard was we were missing references for the back of the suit (for starters).

But I also don't visit FISD as much as I'd like. That doesn't help.

So.., my question is, is approval now open for the FO TK? And did MWG jump the gun just a little bit on announcing that?, wouldn't the CRL holder be the first technically? (How do these things work?)

^^ I saw that from the Ireland Garrison's page. Was wondering about that considering I had not heard anything in ages on the status of the CRL or when approval would open for the FO TK. Last I heard was we were missing references for the back of the suit (for starters).

But I also don't visit FISD as much as I'd like. That doesn't help.

So.., my question is, is approval now open for the FO TK? And did MWG jump the gun just a little bit on announcing that?, wouldn't the CRL holder be the first technically? (How do these things work?)

The LMO has posted on the 501st GML section

"Please do not start approving costumes until you have the official LMO clearance."

• Like 1

Prototype wording for the blaster;

E-11 Blaster (First Order)

For 501st approval:

• Based on a replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, 3D-printed or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.
  • The magazine and housing are located on the right-hand side of the blaster (opposite to the original Sterling SMG), allowing the blaster to be mounted to the right-thigh of the leg armour.
  • The blaster is black, with the following details white in colour; front muzzle ring, outermost magazine side, pistol grip, folding stock and end cap.
  • The following details are silver in colour; telescopic sights centre bracket and end rings.

Pistol (First Order)

For 501st approval:

• Based on a real or replica Glock 19 repeating pistol, scratch-built, 3D-printed or a modified commercial Stormtrooper toy.
  • The pistol can be be mounted to the right-thigh of the leg armour.
  • The pistol is black, with a white covering to the pistol grip and barrel.

what do you guys think?

• Like 2

Should you mention that for L2 approval, there should be a tac-light under the barrell, and there should be a button to active the tac-light on the front left of the blaster?

For the pistol, for L2+ disallow the converted toy?

• Like 1

Should you mention that for L2 approval, there should be a tac-light under the barrell, and there should be a button to active the tac-light on the front left of the blaster?

For the pistol, for L2+ disallow the converted toy?

by putting these at L2, what requirements will be left for L3? I had hoped that we would have things be a bit more in line with the OT EIB and Centurion requirements for weapons (and costume). Having operational Tac light (or other lights) will rule out a lot of folks that would otherwise be able to achieve L2/EIB. I would rather have L2 include having the appearance of the Tac Light and have L3 operational or something like that. 

If we push to have every detail at the lower levels of the CRL, then there is no need for writing L2 or L3 requirements for this kit -  and then it becomes screen replication vs levels of accuracy.

/2cents

• Like 5

I've seen red reflective tape work well for the three marks on the side of the blaster, which would (if I remember correctly) normally light up by LED or other internal illuminating source. As mentioned, perhaps requiring the electronics for this optional accessory would be reserved to the higher (highest?) levels of approval? 

Thanks again for all the many efforts!

-krista :atat:

Edited by kme1682
  • Like 1

by putting these at L2, what requirements will be left for L3? I had hoped that we would have things be a bit more in line with the OT EIB and Centurion requirements for weapons (and costume). Having operational Tac light (or other lights) will rule out a lot of folks that would otherwise be able to achieve L2/EIB. I would rather have L2 include having the appearance of the Tac Light and have L3 operational or something like that. 

If we push to have every detail at the lower levels of the CRL, then there is no need for writing L2 or L3 requirements for this kit -  and then it becomes screen replication vs levels of accuracy.

/2cents

^This. The wanna-be canadian speaks truth. 

I doubt we're going to get to L2 until after the movie comes out FYI. Maybe not even until the bluray comes out :) I would even push for just an L2 not L3 depending since most costumes will be fairly accurate right out of the gate. 

Let's focus on getting people approved (that is when the CRL goes green today or tomorrow and not before!) right now. 

Prototype wording for the blaster;

E-11 Blaster (First Order)

For 501st approval:

• Based on a replica Sterling sub-machine gun, scratch-built, 3D-printed or a modified commercial toy Stormtrooper blaster.
  • The magazine and housing are located on the right-hand side of the blaster (opposite to the original Sterling SMG), allowing the blaster to be mounted to the right-thigh of the leg armour.
  • The blaster is black, with the following details white in colour; front muzzle ring, outermost magazine side, pistol grip, folding stock and end cap.
  • The following details are silver in colour; telescopic sights centre bracket and end rings.

Pistol (First Order)

For 501st approval:

• Based on a real or replica Glock 19 repeating pistol, scratch-built, 3D-printed or a modified commercial Stormtrooper toy.
  • The pistol can be be mounted to the right-thigh of the leg armour.
  • The pistol is black, with a white covering to the pistol grip and barrel.

what do you guys think?

I heart this. Thank you. 

I'll be adding blaster stuff today, I was going to just say "Use a toy blaster and paint it kinda like the photo provided" to start but you've given me way better words. 

Additionally I will be adding the blaster and blaster rifle(phasma style) today, but maybe not the pistol. 

I also wanted to call it the 7-11 but I have been shot down by... everyone. People are also calling it the E-12 but it will be listed as "First Order Stormtrooper Blaster" in the CRL. 

-Eric

• Like 2

/2cents

Thanks - I agree L3 is probably better to start with.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2015 at 11:35 PM, kme1682 said:

I've seen red reflective tape work well for the three marks on the side of the blaster, which would (if I remember correctly) normally light up by LED or other internal illuminating source. As mentioned, perhaps requiring the electronics for this optional accessory would be reserved to the higher (highest?) levels of approval? 

Thanks again for all the many efforts!

-krista :atat:

here is the reflector tape in action that Krista is talking about on our Rubies hack blasters we threw together in time for Fan Expo. 

Qx9cBez.jpg

Edited by Sly11
Edited to restore images Sly11 2021
  • Like 1