The Force Awakens Stormtrooper CRL

Darth Aloha

Hey all. In the original forum seamless ab boxes were indicated. Are the Alpha75 going to be grandfathered in? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered [edit: nvm, I'm gonna have to score mine. ]

sent from my mobile comms

Edited by SciFiChick
  • Like 1

I'm apologizing now if this has already been addressed, but I didn't have time to read through ~150, fairly long posts to get to my answer.

I was recently sent a pic of one of the Anovos First Order buckets, as I am interested in picking up a First Order kit myself. However, i noticed some significant differences between it and the pics from Celebration (which closely match the screen images from the trailers).

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1434387539.228700.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1434387553.029082.jpg

To me, the Anovos bucket looks wrong, but perhaps it's the camera angle. feature are more rounded than angular and the cheeks are leas pronounced. It just looks way off to me and I'd hate to spend alot of money to get something I didn't feel was very accurate. Thoughts?

There's a difference with the angle there. When I look at mine, depending what angle I'm tilting it, it looks wider/shorter when tilting down & taller/thinner when tilting upwards. 

Hey all. In the original forum seamless ab boxes were indicated. Are the Alpha75 going to be grandfathered in? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered [edit: nvm, I'm gonna have to score mine. ]

I too interpreted that the ab boxes were to be seamless. :/

As an LMO member, let me say this.  The approval of the suits are going to be based on the overall look and fit. We are not going to be digging into every single detail to prevent approvals.  For instance, yes the ab boxes are supposed to be non seamless.  However if you have a seam, this will NOT be a grounds for a no go.  Especially for the alpha group. Same will be said for the alphas who have the smaller ankle stickers.  The kits are evolving in each group.  Ill be in the Bravo/beta group.  My suit will be the more updated suits.  The Charlie group will probably have a few other differences. 

Remember for 501st approval its not about being 100 percent dead on accurate.  If it was then everyone would have to be Centurion or swat or lancer status just to get in.  We look to the most basic levels for approvals.  So if you have the Anovos gloves and not the IB gloves you will still be good.  I look at the IB gloves as the highest tier.  Boots are in debate ATM.  I believe Brian wants to allow basic TK boots at this time for lowest level approval.  However I think with the IB and crow boots bein available at this time, There are options available now. 

SO to summate we're not holding people to dead on accurate.  Its nice to aim there, but its not gonna be necessary to get in.  Just do the best that you can. 

• Like 9

Thanks for the screen shot bud, I will be signing these posters all weekend at the Lucasfilm Pavilion at SDCC!  :laugh1:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

As an LMO member, let me say this. The approval of the suits are going to be based on the overall look and fit. We are not going to be digging into every single detail to prevent approvals. For instance, yes the ab boxes are supposed to be non seamless. However if you have a seam, this will NOT be a grounds for a no go. Especially for the alpha group. Same will be said for the alphas who have the smaller ankle stickers. The kits are evolving in each group. Ill be in the Bravo/beta group. My suit will be the more updated suits. The Charlie group will probably have a few other differences.

Remember for 501st approval its not about being 100 percent dead on accurate. If it was then everyone would have to be Centurion or swat or lancer status just to get in. We look to the most basic levels for approvals. So if you have the Anovos gloves and not the IB gloves you will still be good. I look at the IB gloves as the highest tier. Boots are in debate ATM. I believe Brian wants to allow basic TK boots at this time for lowest level approval. However I think with the IB and crow boots bein available at this time, There are options available now.

SO to summate we're not holding people to dead on accurate. Its nice to aim there, but its not gonna be necessary to get in. Just do the best that you can.

Thank you!!!!

I think Eric is out at sea with his work at the moment. He's usually quite out of touch while that's ongoing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I think Eric is out at sea with his work at the moment. He's usually quite out of touch while that's ongoing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ugh. Yeah. That's correct. Very... slow... interwebs. 

-Eric

• Like 1

Hey gang, I'll be helping out with this in Eric's absence for a bit so I'll be posting updates in the next few days so we can get this moving along. Eric and Brian will polish things up and prep/approve everything, but I'll help get the content stubbed out. To keep the thread from being a mess, for now I'll just reference back to this post using a link and that will act as the latest info until Eric is back in the swing of things and updates the original post. Stay tuned!

Helmet

helmet_front_zpsmdw3kmke.png

helmet_side_zpsqvr3p1yg.png

[photos: David White]

• Lenses are smoky brown in color and are bubble in shape. 
  • A single silver aerator/mic tip cylinder is on lower left side of the wearer's chin. 
  • The frown is solid black and covered in black hexagonal mesh that extends to the tears
  • Each tear (area beneath the corners of eye lenses) is solid black
  • Seven cut out tube stripe slots are on either side of the helmet
  • Two clip greeblies are present over the traps on the side
  • Two clip greebles are present on the top of the helmet, parallel to the trap greeblies
  • Along the base of the helmet a black stripe runs from the side of the helmet and across the back to the other side. 
  • There is a slight groove that circumvents the helmet above the brow
  • There is a slight grove that circumvents the helmet along the bottom and over the chin
  • A brow of solid black material spans from the traps over the lenses 
  • Directly below the traps toward the base of the helmet is a small trapezoidal stripe. 

Neckseal

neck_seal_zpsbc4q3ecp.png

[photo: Clint Randall]

• Black with horizontal ribs, fitted to the wearer, and extending from the base of the neck to conceal the entire neck. No hair or skin should be visible around the neck area.

Chest plate

18a9242d-2a2d-4383-b128-348b610e99a1_zps

[photo: David White]

• The chest plate overlaps the abdominal plate
  • The center of the chest plate is recessed and black on the side and upward facing edges. 
  • A smaller clasp greeblie shall be present on either side of the chest, just inside a small indented area the size of the greeblie.
  • There is a slight groove running vertical on either side of the chest that angles toward the center
  • Six recessed black ovals are on the wearer's right side, left of the greeblie.

Back/yoke

fc6c8b93-bfba-4279-a6f5-785e9889d893_zps

back_zpsjysx5flr.png

• The back plate contains a "O II" design where the O is black
  • The back/yoke is one seamless piece
  • The yoke portion extends over the wearer's shoulders and curves under the armpits

Thermal detonator

11828787_10155903253965147_3215333498824

detonator_side_zpsbfvd9pcz.png

11885269_10155903253955147_3729447235882

[photos: David White (2), Peter Nuthall (1 and 3)]

• The thermal detonator mounting plate sits under the back plate and rests above the belt.
  • The control panel is black.
  • The righthand recessed end cape is black.
  • The lefthand end cap extends from the detonator assembly and is black around the cylinder as well as on the end.
  • There should be no visible seams.

Shoulder gaskets

shoulder_gasket_zpssmscldb1.png

• Gaskets shall be rubber or a shiny black material with ridges
  • The shoulder gaskets must cover all exposed areas under the shoulder bell, between the bicep and chest, and between bicep and back.

Shoulder bells

shoulder_bells_outside_zpshx99epr2.png

shoulder_bells_top_zps9ea206rj.png

• One on each shoulder.
  • The shoulders are considered effectively symmetrical. They may be worn interchangeably on the left and right shoulders.
  • Shoulders have small round extension at the top under the bell itself that butts up against the yoke.

Biceps

306b6ab4-cd7c-470b-a6e1-a7df8cd92ee7_zps

ea163fa3-94ad-42a9-bd97-fdd625036f1e_zps

b415bb99-0a12-441e-9545-f4792f2f6052_zps

• Biceps have only one seam on the side that faces forward. The rest of the bicep must be seamless. 
  • A clip greeblie is present low and across the seam
  • Two black ovals are present on the outside facing side of the bicep

Elbow gaskets

dd953dfb-07fd-4cd4-af1c-09256370249b_zps

• The elbow gaskets must cover all exposed areas between the bicep and forearm

Forearms

forearms_side_zpsxyvchcn2.png

forearms_wrist_zpsayt9sebq.png

forearms_under_zpsumvyqtnc.png

• Forearms shall have have ridged rail, similar to a picatinny, embedded on the inside of the forearm, roughly covered 1/3rd by a box shape.
  • Forearms shall have a box on the bottom the wrist end. Each box shall have a single black square in the lower inside corner.
  • Each forearm shall have two 'clasp greeblies' on the outside facing surface, near the wrist.

Gloves/handplates

gloves_back_zpsjktjeuwh.png

handplates_end_zpszqgdjmbh.png

[photos: Clint Randall]

• Are black with white palm, thumb and forefinger.
  • Extend underneath the forearm. 
  • White area is made from leather or leather-like material.
  • Handplates are rigid square boxes and the hand plates are mounted securely over the back of the glove. 

Ab section

ab_front_zpscpsu2kbq.png

• The abdomen section must wrap around the wearer's body without a visible seam.

• The abdomen has 7 boxes attached that matches the order and placement shown and sit flush against the armor.
  • The large box has a small black recessed square to on the lower left to the wearer.
  • The second box to the right of the wearer has a small black recessed rectangle near the top.

Codpiece 

14ef0111-5300-4fc8-9e27-50d5b6281fd3_zps

• The codpeice sits below the abdomen and under the belt. 

Butt plate

butt_plate_zpsmwalpcyt.png

• The butt plate sits below the abdomen and under the belt. 

Belt

28ef6312-fee3-4806-8672-1b5fcbcade63_zps

• The belt is ribbed and made from a rubber or a rubber like material.
  • Five white rectangular boxes and one pouch sit on the belt.
    • There are 2 horizontal boxes on the front, on each side of the center. They are painted white on the outside half and black on the inside half.
    • There are 2 vertical boxes on the right of the wearer.
    • There is a large vertical black pouch with a white cover behind the left side of the wearer.
    • A small black cloth pouch is worn on the left side and hides the buckle or remaining belt material.

Thighs

159a538c-26c7-4f8a-b8c7-f0c0f1a7bdf0_zps

• There are seams on the inside and outside of the thighs.
  • A clip greeblie is present high and across the outside seams of each thigh.
  • The right outside thigh (to the wearer) includes a base for a holster.

Knee gaskets
616cbcb9-a658-4668-9b44-a5c772e39834_zps

[photo: Cameron Keaggy]

• The elbow gaskets must cover all exposed areas between the thigh and shin

Knee plates
knee_plates_zpshgcdppid.png

• The knee plates mirror each other and are placed evenly between the thigh and the shin.

Shins

2a87393c-d279-4ee2-9135-db11586148a5_zps

92812721-6037-4899-9b62-ec1259431e47_zps

05c3bc70-98b3-4b97-9396-1ab52ea035fa_zps

• There are seams on the inside and outside of the shins, with the opening on the inside.
  • A clip greeblie is present high and across the outside seams of each shin.
  • The wearer's left outside shin includes two vertical think boxes that are seamless.
  • There is a small black recessed rectangle at the bottom outside front of the shins.

Spats
ce3cc226-39d7-484f-98bb-91e28657c0c3_zps

dc8ceb90-412a-40c9-ac3b-321747745c24_zps

• The spats wrap around the lower ankle, just below the black ankle rectangles.
  • The spats are enclosed on the outside of the ankle with a greeblie that overlaps the open side.
  • There is a visible seam on the inside of the ankle.

Boots
052508f6-edb4-42a4-809e-51403bf572af_zps

[photo: Arturo Delgado]

• The boots are above ankle height and made of white leather or leather-like material.
  • There is a seam down both sides of the front that swoops out to the side of the foot.
  • There is a vertical zipper on the inside that spans the height of the boot.
  • There is a flat sole with no heel.
  • No buckles or laces.
  • OT TK boots are acceptable until reliable sources for more accurate boots are available.

Blaster

Edited by camprandall
  • Like 3

That's a great start Randall, and I like how you're working your way down from the top of the outfit to the bottom.

It's all relative, but I think you meant to say the helmet aerator greeblie is on the left side of the wearer's chin :)

Charlie

• Like 1

Thanks Charlie! Actually, I'm just taking over for a bit to keep it going, but Eric (Darth Aloha) has done most of the work compiling this thus far. I did just add a bunch of images to start to flesh things out because I think there is less of a temptation to put too much detail in the wording when you see the detail shots of each piece.

Updated with pics started: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31034-the-force-awakens-stormtrooper-crl/page-10#entry420624

Thanks Charlie! Actually, I'm just taking over for a bit to keep it going, but Eric (Darth Aloha) has done most of the work compiling this thus far. I did just add a bunch of images to start to flesh things out because I think there is less of a temptation to put too much detail in the wording when you see the detail shots of each piece.

Updated with pics started: http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31034-the-force-awakens-stormtrooper-crl/page-10#entry420624

CRL says the lenses should be grey in the helmet, but I'm not sure this color really captures the color, black or smoke or something like this might be better suited.

Are we going to make the language in regards to the ab boxes a little ambiguous about seam vs seamless? In the mad craziness of the Alpha build, the detail on the boxes having a seam was lost to some people. 

and btw, Clint? YOU ROCK. I wish I had the time to contribute more!

Edited by plushie

CRL says the lenses should be grey in the helmet, but I'm not sure this color really captures the color, black or smoke or something like this might be better suited.

Totally agree!

Are we going to make the language in regards to the ab boxes a little ambiguous about seam vs seamless? In the mad craziness of the Alpha build, the detail on the boxes having a seam was lost to some people. 

Honestly I don't know Shana. It seems a little too detailed for a CRL based on the others in my opinion as I can't imagine not getting approved for that. I'll put a comment in there so we don't lose track of that issue.

• Like 1