The Force Awakens Stormtrooper CRL

Darth Aloha

It is the real name of the part they used. It's used for mounting stuff on guns. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I just made that reseach don't worry! It is indeed extremely interesting.

The fun thing is i've just spent a lot of time designing the stock for the E-11 with one of those picatinny rail right under my eyes, and i did'nt even made the connection... Shame on me!

• Like 1

"picatinny"... What a wonderful word! I am learning everyday...

Also Eric, i don't see it mentionned in the first post, but you may need to add a pragraph for the "Tactical Vest" in the optionals with the "Blaster", as we can see regular troopers wearing it.

Blaster:

"Must have the correct color scheme with the right parts painted in white, black, and metallic."

Hmmm. Tactical vest? Do we have enough reference material to do put that in the CRL even as optional?

I have a general comment in that the classic TK is a bit more specific about what some of the components and locations are and it might be good to try to be consistent with the language used there. If we look at this as something someone might read without having prior knowledge of the components and areas in a classic TK they may not quite understand.  Here are a few examples where I expanded using similar language to the classic TK CRL. Take it or leave it. ;)

Before

Each tear is solid black

Proposed

Each tear (area beneath the corners of eye lenses) is solid black

Before

A single silver colored aerator shall be present on the left side

After

A single Aerator/Hovi mic tip (cylinder on lower right side of the chin) is silver or painted silver.

Roger. I'll make another pass and clean up some language. 

-Eric

That's right, writing the CRL for the vest might be difficult for now. But that's something to keep in mind because i'm sure of one thing, people will want to wear them! 

Hmmm. Tactical vest? Do we have enough reference material to do put that in the CRL even as optional?

That's right, writing the CRL for the vest might be difficult for now. But that's something to keep in mind because i'm sure of one thing, people will want to wear them! 

OHHHH YEAH!  Tactical vest, sign me up!   

OHHHH YEAH!  Tactical vest, sign me up!   

I cant wait for the tactical vest and the sidearm to show up. I really like the vest especially with the white armor plates on the front which really makes it blend with the costume.

A sidearm and vest make the trooper look really geared for war.

Until there is enough reference on the Tactical Vest and side arm, we should table that addition/discussion. I am sure there will be plenty of changes after subsequent trailers and the movie release to add this in if desired. 

Until there is enough reference on the Tactical Vest and side arm, we should table that addition/discussion. I am sure there will be plenty of changes after subsequent trailers and the movie release to add this in if desired. 

Joy killer!  :laugh1:

Roget that!  :salute:

Regarding this one bullet...."There must be a cutout in the center of the chest plate"

So, other than the 10 Troopers on stage and the Suits on the Mannequins at the Anovos Booth and in Room 209, I believe the rest of us just had Stickers for the "Chest Notch"
We considered cutting ours out, but figured it best to stick with the supplied decal, at least until the resin replacement "Chest Notch" is made available. 

However, for those like us who haven't done so, do we need to cut this open?

Don't get me wrong! LOL! I'm happy to do it! In fact, Nee and I had a nice chat with Dean at the booth and discussed some of the last minute changes that came from the Big D. I just want to be sure that's what's intended.

I'm definitely not in a rush to be one of the first approved (cause let's face it, bro, MINE is NOT the prettiest... NOT BY FAR!! I just want to meet whatever is settled on!)

So perhaps instead of 

• There must be a cutout in the center of the chest plate

We could have 

• There may be a cutout in the center of the chest plate or the cutout area may be replicated with a black decal or black paint
  • Like 1

See Berbs? Was that so hard?

You're totally right. I'll change it when I can.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm apologizing now if this has already been addressed, but I didn't have time to read through ~150, fairly long posts to get to my answer.

I was recently sent a pic of one of the Anovos First Order buckets, as I am interested in picking up a First Order kit myself. However, i noticed some significant differences between it and the pics from Celebration (which closely match the screen images from the trailers).

post-23835-143438754273_thumb.jpg

post-23835-14343875704_thumb.jpg

To me, the Anovos bucket looks wrong, but perhaps it's the camera angle. feature are more rounded than angular and the cheeks are leas pronounced. It just looks way off to me and I'd hate to spend alot of money to get something I didn't feel was very accurate. Thoughts?

I agree with you Greg but still i don't think that should disqualify the ANOVOS customers from the 501st approval. Yes the helmet isn't perfect, yet it is far accurate enough for the Legion.

More importantly accurate enough for the fans who have been going utterly bananas for the TFA troopers that are out there already.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't think it's a picatinny rail. I agree its a rail lookalike but saying picatinny requires it to have side slides and ours don't. If anything its a longitudinal antislide maglock surface .

I don't think it's a picatinny rail. I agree its a rail lookalike but saying picatinny requires it to have side slides and ours don't. If anything its a longitudinal antislide maglock surface .

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but i would take your armor as the ultimate reference.

Edited by The5thHorseman

• 2 weeks later...

So where are we on boots? Currently everyone with a TFA armor is using TK boots as there is no clear and/or available alternatives. Is the thinking that TK boots are OK for tier 1/basic approval?

Yes. There is no point in specifying something as an L1 standard that is hard to obtain for this costume.

EDIT: well, it will also depend in how fast and affordable ImperialBoots are. If they are < $100 and easy to obtain, I can easily see them being considered L1.

I don't know about calling it "Corset-Style" so by all means change it, but in case you haven't already got something for this....

Ab section

• Abdomen and Kidney section must be visibly seamless, and may have a vertical “corset-style†opening in the middle of the Kidney section which will be hidden by the Thermal Detonator.

• The abdomen armor has 7 boxes attached that matches the order and placement shown and sit flush against the armor. Box connection should not be seamless and the connecting edge should follow the curves present in the armor.

- Berbs

Edited by Berbs42