My first DD E-11 Blastech Blaster Build

Crusader_6

Hi! I started this thread as I made the mistake of mixing the DD blaster build with my TK armor build thread.

First I want to thank T-Jay http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-kits-like-doopydoo%E2%80%99s-full-resin-kit-incl-worldwide-shipping-and-paypal/and Gazmosis http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26677-doopy-dos-replacement-e-11-magazine-run-7-now-open/ for their amazing mod sets! Without those, and their threads, my build wouldn't have been as it was. I didn't take as many detail photos as I should because I wasn't sure I was going to make a build thread( I didn't think I would pull it off). Any doubts of how I did any on the mods please feel free to ask.

This is the famous brown box photo!
UPnI9qO.jpg

I bought this precision drill set for carving, as I knew that most of the mods would need much of it. My Dremel rotary tool proved very valuable for this build. First I cut the hex bolts heads for the muzzle and grip.

http://s304.photobucket.com/user/rubensantos84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-03/2D22E324-750B-4600-B901-E7634A226F00_zpswjcwpdxy.mp4.html

I used the Dremel to cut and carve all the metal and resin on this project. Here's how the bolts and screws were cut.

wxLT1lQ.jpg

fXHD3gk.jpg

1upFQAb.jpg

Precision drill set

tM8vNAM.jpg

PJo65qQ.jpg

I started by gluing the grip and the mag well to the tube. I used epoxy. You can buy this on any hardware store.

A2PQnGz.jpg

OYfCsr9.jpg

dWLmL1D.jpg

Then, I let it dry for 24hrs before doing anything else.

RetyeXL.jpg

While the epoxy dried, I carved some details on the buttstock.

8lGffRV.jpg

r8O7q1W.jpg

And also the front sight.

Ghx9DO4.jpg

I used a nail to to sight.

jipj2N1.jpg

I'll keep posting all the photos I have as time permits, meanwhile feel free to comment and/or ask questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey Ruben, thanks for the kudos. :salute:   Nice to see you've separated your work on the blaster and started this thread for it.

Keep the pictures coming. Seems like we are going to see some fancy mods...

• Like 1

Hey Ruben, thanks for the kudos. :salute: Nice to see you've separated your work on the blaster and started this thread for it.

Keep the pictures coming. Seems like we are going to see some fancy mods...

Yea, thanks for your valuable input and tips!! You're definitely one of the best resources FISD have lol

Well, here are some more progress photos.

This one is when I glued in the front sight.

kujHc8t.jpg

On this one, I used the screws provide by T-Jay's mod set for the M38 scope. It really added a more realistic look and texture to it.

iV8KNVi.jpg

I used a drill bit wide enough to Fit the screws, and use quick dry glue to hold them in place.

In this collage of 4 photos, you can see that I added a real screw on the grip (T-Jay's mod set) I drilled a hole, cut the screw and glued it in the whole.

On the second and third photos you can see that I drilled holes on the tube, to make it look more real, and used the dremmel with a sanding head to make the holes even... It worked magnificently. If you want to know the exact measurements of the one drill and sand head pm me. On the last pocture(down right) you can see that I added the magazine( Gazmosis resin mag). I didn't take photos when I cut it and made the adjustments to fit it in, I was way focused on the job. I apologize, but if you need more info you can always pm me and I will let you know how I handled it. Also you can see that the trigger is already in place.

i3xbn1F.jpg

I had to take out the trigger (I had to work on it a lot, trying to make it a working trigger, but couldn't document it.) and primed the main body,the scope and the buttstock with a gray base primer.

Then, after it dried, I gave it an aluminum coating, for weathering purposes on the main body and buttstock and gold spray paint on the M38 Scope for a brass look. (we'll cover more of that later).

wTVfNoX.jpg

7OHj7Pi.jpg

I'll keep posting. Comments and tips are always welcome!!

IWhile I waited for the paint to dry, I worked the power cylinders. I didn't work them as Isaw in most of the build threads, I kept it as simple as I could. I just drilled the screws from T-Jay mod set and drilled a space for the aluminum Rods

QKdoZbf.jpg

uQlMO4e.jpg

As I finished carving the hole for the mini rods, I took the mini rods into a drill to give the oval form rotating them against a flat file. Once that was done, I used green stuff (T-jay mod set) to form the tips on The rods, stick the wires and glue them to the power cylinders base.

eqG8yPQ.jpg

Now back to the main body. The paint dried and I drilled and screwed the buttstock. I used the screws provided in the mod set I got from T-jay but used epoxy to glue the front part of the buttstock grip. Then used a plastic strap to hold it in place while the epoxy dried. I also made the scope rail and screwed it to the top of the rear sight. I also didn't document the process as I should.

pO6ijmY.jpg

Ggemy0a.jpg

O4sm1O4.jpg

N4rGiF2.jpg

While I waited for the blaster to cure the epoxy, I took the M38 scope, gave it a Rustoleum hammered black coating and weathered it with a 320sandpaper.

onfU8fP.jpg

AIgT0a1.jpg

DfmxF9n.jpg

I also used a white crayon to stand out the numbers and letters. As always, feel free to make any comments, give tips, or ask questions. Best regards!

• Like 2

Once the weathering was done, I thought I was finished but then I remembered that T-Jay had also put real Crystal lens to the scope. So, I went to Amazon and ordered a set of jeweler Loups.

KtZW1gG.jpg

The lenses were 21mm for the rear lens and 12 mm for the front one. I drill both holes a bit bigger for them to fit and then a tighter one deep inside for the lens to set in.

2ozRqnN.jpg

On the rear lens,before I put the Crystal in, I used a "digital reticle" decal I bought from Trooperbay. I also used green stuff to tighten the grip.

3C093F6D-8F32-4E66-BE9F-C982EF463CDE_zps

Let me knew what you think of the scope lenses... I guess Icould have done a bit better but im ok with it. Later I'll post picture of the paint job.

Nice work, Ruben. The weathering on that scope indeed looks so real! :shok:

Maybe you can add a small ring (of plastic or green stuff) to the front lense, to simulate the smaller 10mm lense from the original scope.

But even if you don't do this, it will still look like the real thing :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone!

Now, here's the final paint job and weathering. I used the toothpaste technic but the weathering was a bit too much... In the ended i repainted it and scraped it more subtle with 320 sandpaper.

XtfVy96.jpg

Rustoleum Hammered Black spray paint.

La2e3Za.jpg

After it dried, I used hot water and a wash clothe to scrape off the toothpaste parts...

7aEP4zH.jpg

i11R8kJ.jpg

I sent these pictures to T-Jay, and he advised me to redo it.

JMNkgCF.jpg

HZlCEZi.jpg

Then I weathered it with the sandpaper...

uhbWfdB.jpg

That's it for now...

Well, actually I only mentioned to keep the T-tracks and the grip without silver weathering, as these are not made of metal. :)

But your 2nd weathering looks more realistic than the first one did. Might be an idea to dry-brush some silver to heavily stressed areas/parts of the gun like front sight guard, end cap, muzzle and folding stock butt.

Edited by T-Jay

Really nice work! I would consider a couple things. First, add some of your green magic goop to the screw that holds the arms of the folding stock to the hinge point. Shape it to look more like the round rivet head like the original. Next, I'd add some silver paint in the trigger group area. There was metal here that was never painted. You can do this when you apply Tino's weathering suggestion and lastly, grab a fine brush and paint black over the silver that ended up on the receiver body edge in the ejection port. This will give a cleaner look and make the charging bolt appear to be more 3D.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I worked a bit on it...

I worked on the counter and the coiled cords...

sPG6hIB.jpg

I used green stuff for almost everything lol

CicanFg.jpg

aQjuOlT.jpg

Also worked a bit on the weathering of the front sight and the counter.

1mgi4pY.jpg

AGs7xtj.jpg

I didn't really like how the counter ended up looking, it's looks way to weathered and the armed looks way to blobbled...

Any comments are welcome! Also I wanted to say that I got accepted recently into the Legion!

• 8 months later...