Trooping issues and Solutions for the TFA armor.

captsafe66

For the seals where they meet the armor.. has anyone attempted lining the plastic bits with polyester or some other "smooth" fabric so they dont grab and maybe move easier on the plastic?  Asking as I am trying to absorb as much as possible and think through different potential challenges in anticipation of arrival.

For the seals where they meet the armor.. has anyone attempted lining the plastic bits with polyester or some other "smooth" fabric so they dont grab and maybe move easier on the plastic?  Asking as I am trying to absorb as much as possible and think through different potential challenges in anticipation of arrival.

I think a number of us are looking as ways to prevent the shearing/chaffing of the rubber. So far the only place I noticed it were from the knees on my build. I like the velcro to the armour idea because it will also prevent the knee gasket from turning inward/outward. I think I will keep my secondary garter system in place as a way to provide a small distribution of the weight off the thighs.

By all means try out your idea and let us know what you think (when you have the kit,etc) We're learning from one another and many minds make for creative solutions. If your fabric is showing that won't be quite accurate, since the gaskets appear to be non-woven/non-porous. Some of us with fabric are brushing the fabric with another "non-porous" agent such as latex.

Have a super weekend! -krista :atat:

I may have said this before, but just in case -

It is important for everyone to wear a balaclava or some similar device that covers the back of the head. Due to the high slope on the back of the helmet, it was easy to see ears and the backs of heads inside the helmets at Celebration. Virtually everyone who did not wear a balaclava had part of their head visible from the right angle.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I may have said this before, but just in case -

It is important for everyone to wear a balaclava or some similar device that covers the back of the head. Due to the high slope on the back of the helmet, it was easy to see ears and the backs of heads inside the helmets at Celebration. Virtually everyone who did not wear a balaclava had part of their head visible from the right angle.

That's surprising. The helmets seem to rest very low compared to TKs. Almost no one appears to have a neck when wearing them