Fan Made TK7 Gloves

zhongvador

I know a lot of people have already requested these gloves.  I'm one of the 30 for the boots (Joe M) so I'm hoping I can snag these gloves at the same time to save on shipping.  Size XL.  I will look out for the sales thread.  

Hey All,

I'm one of the couple of people Imperial Boots sent a pair of TFA First Order Stormtrooper gloves to for review.  I am part of the Alpha 75 wave and had my armor done at Celebration.

Link to my photos of the gloves on Flickr

I got the gloves in the mail just today.  They were packaged with a pair of TFA boots, which I just posted a review for here.  The gloves were in a simple plastic bag I think with an IB business card as well.  The bag was marked with XL and matched the tag on the left glove.  Francois threw these in the box of boots for me before letting me know he was sending me goodies, so the XL's are too big for me - I need a small.  However, regardless of the size, the gloves look great.  The white palm leather is soft, as is the black leather on the edges of the fingers.  The material for the back of the gloves is nice and has a little stretch, and the cuffs are wide and stretchy elastic.  The cuffs will be nice to fit well under the forearms of the armor and to conceal the wrist. The gloves have the double black stitching and the palm pads that from what I understand are spot-on for the screen-used gloves. The stitching looks nice and clean all around.  I turned one glove inside-out (did not take a pic of this) and the construction looks good.  There is an added inner fabric layer over the leather palm that provides the backing to sew in the palm pads.  But they are not otherwise lined on the inside - which you wouldn't want anyway.

One comment would be the size tag on the left cuff - if this is to be included in the final product this will need to be carefully cut out of the seam so not seen when wearing the costume.  It could be suggested that the tag would be better served if placed inside and be black instead of white - then it would not need to be removed.  Otherwise another method for marking size may be better for the customer.

Also when looking close at the palm pad stitching, the 1/2" or so of overlapped stitching is noticeable.  I don't know if it is accurate to the screen gloves or not - or really matters - but that is very minor in the overall look of the gloves and would not be noticeable to anyone at distance and should not be an issue - its just a detail that stood out to me.  The real key is that the pads are there and are now the correct shape, the double stitching is right, and the index finger cutout and stitching appears correct as well.

Finally, I understand from the previous posts that the final products will have velcro sewn into the back of the gloves for the armor handbacks.  This pair did not have that included, but that will be a nice feature and then not require the customer to do any additional modifications.   A question I'd have then is what velcro will that be on the glove?  That would need to be made clear so the customer knows what to expect and knows what to use for the handback.  I personally would want the industrial strength-sized hook side in black on the black glove, as I have the white loop-side velcro on my white handbacks already, but that's just me since my armor is done already, and I will adjust as necessary to a new pair of finalized gloves. 

Overall, these gloves look great, are well constructed, and nailed the accuracy.  I'll wait for another pair of the correct size for me and will pass these off to another trooper.  Thanks Francois and Imperial Boots for a great product to help us towards getting the TFA First Order trooper costumes complete as close to screen accurate as we know at this point.

Edited by TheGanner

• 2 years later...