Fan Made TK7 Gloves

zhongvador

I would like to share with you this try (not original but fan made) of the stormtrooper Ep7 gloves made from a mix a three materials as seen at C7.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts and comments.

tk7g210.jpg

tk7g310.jpg

tk7g610.jpg

tk7g710.jpg

Edited by zhongvador
  • Like 2

You seem off to a very good start François! I'm sure you will have an awesome result in the end.

Here are few thoughts and comments i can make when i compared your prototype to the gloves displayed on the film suits at Celebration VII, as you seem to have based your work on the ANOVOS gloves:

med_gallery_12157_64_231841.jpg med_gallery_12157_64_751805.jpg med_gallery_12157_64_54086.jpg

tk7g3111.jpg

tk7g6110.jpg

tk7g7110.jpg

• Like 1

Dang man, they should pay you a consulting fee, you did all the design work for them.

You seem off to a very good start François! I'm sure you will have an awesome result in the end.

Here are few thoughts and comments i can make when i compared your prototype to the gloves displayed on the film suits at Celebration VII, as you seem to have based your work on the ANOVOS gloves

• Like 2

Dang man, they should pay you a consulting fee, you did all the design work for them.

It just that François is French and is working with the French Garrison on this new Ep7 Stormtrooper. And if i can help him, even just a little, to make his stuff the more accurate possible, it will be my pleasure!

• Like 3

It just that François is French and is working with the French Garrison on this new Ep7 Stormtrooper. And if i can help him, even just a little, to make his stuff the more accurate possible, it will be my pleasure!

Ok, so he is french, living in China?

I wasn't really sure about all this, the forum name threw me off.

I did a quick comparaison and found that the gloves from the original movie props displayed at C7 is different from what was exposed by Anovos.So I have to redo them again.

tk7_di10.jpg

I remember reading in one of the thousands of TK7 threads that ANOVOS got the gloves at the last minute and had nothing to do with the screen used gloves. As you're pointed out in your comparison, this is very obvious. Keep at it and you'll have the corner on the glove market. At least until someone finds the original motorcycle glove.

François, now that you have the right pictures, i'm sure you will nail these gloves!

At least until someone finds the original motorcycle glove.

I read from one of the ANOVOS guy that the gloves for the Ep7 were from an OEM, so i don't know if there will be a found part for them.

Nice contender but i say no. Lots of small differences.

They are found items. I'm sure that info will be obvious by the tag inside when you see them.

Well, feel free to share that tag then. Oh, and if you talk about the tag that is inside the ANOVOS gloves, this is not really interesting as they are clearly not the same as the film prop.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Find another tfa builder and ask to see his gloves. Mine are packed.

They required modification.

Edited by sylverbard

These are the gloves that come with the ANOVOS.

http://www.dcglove.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=2153-T

2153t%20winter%20eagle.JPG

Yup those ones. Take some white off and done. They come in summer and winter weights so I bought both.

The problem is those gloves aren't accurate. The gloves that were on the screen suit display are radically different in the detailing vs the ANOVOS gloves. I'm certain these gloves were supplied at the last minute to get something as close as possible without investing in getting them custom made or finding the original source (who might be under NDA or not able to sell this design publicly).

• Like 1

The problem is those gloves aren't accurate. The gloves that were on the screen suit display are radically different in the detailing vs the ANOVOS gloves. I'm certain these gloves were supplied at the last minute to get something as close as possible without investing in getting them custom made or finding the original source (who might be under NDA or not able to sell this design publicly).

What is why I am working on them and intend to make accurate gloves, soon.

• Like 1

What is why I am working on them and intend to make accurate gloves, soon.

I read from the ANOVOS rep "Got Maul" on the RPF that the gloves were specially made for the film by a company and are not found items.

He said they are working with that company directly to produce these for their suits, so I can say without a doubt that there is room for you to make these gloves based on reference photos. A single supplier of parts is never enough.

• Like 1

I read from the ANOVOS rep "Got Maul" on the RPF that the gloves were specially made for the film by a company and are not found items.

He said they are working with that company directly to produce these for their suits, so I can say without a doubt that there is room for you to make these gloves based on reference photos. A single supplier of parts is never enough.

Interesting. Should I tell you that we are working on the boots, too  :)

• Like 5

François, good to see you again. It has been a long time. If you ever make sets, I would love a pair for sure, like many others will.

I'm guessing for base CRL the found item with mods may be fine, but not for L2/L3. This is a great thread though to see what was really used.