My New DT Bucket

Hey all --

So I was digging in my Stormtrooper closet yesterday looking for a couple of replacement pieces and I saw a bucket that I threw in there awhile back because I tore a triangular shaped hole in the forehead when trying to remove brow trim.  For the first time, when I saw it I immediately thought, "Death Trooper"!  So I pulled it out, got my Dremel tool out and went to work.  

Now, I know that the hole 'technically' isn't on the correct side and the hole is a lot bigger than most, but with a triangle shaped tear over the right eye -- you work with what you got.  :P

I finished it up last night and now I'm considering between three options:

1.  Add it to my collection of trophy heads on my office wall

2.  Buy a zombie mask on eBay and throw it on a mannequin head that I have and display it in our extra bedroom (my Star Wars / Stormtrooper room)

3.  List it on eBay and sell it.  (I don't think I can get the $125 price that I want from the 'For Sale' section on FISD)

Anyway -- just wanted to post pics for the group!

KvWvUgV.jpg?2

ljmdmOU.jpg?2

padfu11.jpg?2

iWYbmwS.jpg?2

ZGm7ILj.jpg?1

dvbdnxy.jpg?2

2UaWLIw.jpg?2

Z1suibG.jpg?2

qXmiRuq.jpg?2

Edited by BoomerTrooper
  • Like 1

Hey all --

So I was digging in my Stormtrooper closet yesterday looking for a couple of replacement pieces and I saw a bucket that I threw in there awhile back because I tore a triangular shaped hole in the forehead when trying to remove brow trim.  For the first time, when I saw it I immediately thought, "Death Trooper"!  So I pulled it out, got my Dremel tool out and went to work.  

Now, I know that the hole 'technically' isn't on the correct side and the hole is a lot bigger than most, but with a triangle shaped tear over the right eye -- you work with what you got.  :P

I finished it up last night and now I'm considering between three options:

1.  Add it to my collection of trophy heads on my office wall

2.  Buy a zombie mask on eBay and throw it on a mannequin head that I have and display it in our extra bedroom (my Star Wars / Stormtrooper room)

3.  List it on eBay and sell it.  (I don't think I can get the $125 price that I want from the 'For Sale' section on FISD)

Anyway -- just wanted to post pics for the group!

I think you could get $50-75 for this as it is. The paint is really rough being why you couldn't get $125 in my opinion.

If you were to add more details like you mentioned like buying a latex zombie mask or something like this and somehow affixing it to the inside so that it would be possible to wear the finished helmet without having to put on a latex mask (you know what I mean?) you could get $125-$150 for it.

I think you could get $50-75 for this as it is. The paint is really rough being why you couldn't get $125 in my opinion...

Thanks for all the replies! DDay, I think you're right and actually it confirms my thought about making it more of a prop display by adding the zombie mannequin head inside. The $50-$75 range was what I figured I would get if I posted it to the FISD board - but I've had really good luck with posting my SW stuff on eBay (typically 30-45% higher sales point) because, in most cases -- selling customized created items on FISD is like a hot rod mechanic buying a completely restored classic hot rod from another hot rod mechanic instead of finding that same model and customizing themselves.

But people that aren't hot rod mechanics will buy a fully restored classic car because they don't know how to build and customize classic cars. Make sense?

Tap talk TK

Nice! I think the paint job looks just great around the edges.

I really like the idea of putting a zombie head inside, especially if it's got half it's face torn off and pieces of armor shrapnel embedded in the head.  :P 

Kind of makes me want to get an extra bucket and abuse it with some shotgun shells or a blowtorch to make something similar, hahah.