E-11 Blaster Build

Ghost

After getting some time to myself, I decided to upgrade my blaster on my TM Hero display.  This is the first blaster build I have done, and was lucky to get some parts from Felix (scope, counter and scope rail) to complete my build.  I had done a hand grip initially from Doopy's kit, but most of the other parts including the aluminium tube are from Derrek at Phoenix Props.

I started by building up and painting the grip trigger parts, and wanted a well worn/weathered look to them:

8Hf4fYd.jpg

I wanted to give the bolt and bolt spring quite an accurate look, and decided to get the spring made to replicate an original sterling:

b3QJRJ0.jpg

cUzYGDC.jpg

I primed the tube with Tamiya's Silver leaf which gives a really nice finish, and test fitted some parts:

P4gEMzk.jpg

D1hORjv.jpg

My next stage was to spray the parts matt black, and then fit the T-Track.  After bending the track with a heat gun, I used a flat edge of a screwdriver to stop the edges from flaring up.  I then trimmed the bends in order to fit in the tube holes:

YvbgAWs.jpg

gfoSh6X.jpg

NCEpQ6A.jpg

I then airbrushed the bolt with Alclad Steel and some Silver Leaf spray to get the two tones.  I also cut a section of plastic pipe to hold the spring to the bolt:

3AjIMmL.jpg

I have just done a test fitting of the completed bolt, before moving onto the mag:

xXbvE1y.jpg

s1qStR9.jpg

Cheers,

Scott

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got this finished and happy with the results.  Learned a lot during this build so definitely going to build another.  Thanks Felix for parts/advice, Derrek for parts, Andy for the awesome power cylinders and Vern for the M-19 scope (get well soon)!

s1qStR9.jpg

AESU8d1.jpg

OyPgGSE.jpg

3tB1i8x.jpg

LRkhUZl.jpg

OyPgGSE.jpg

s1qStR9.jpg

Sbbx8pL.jpg

DHIi8tj.jpg